Solvay Brussels Belgium
2 months ago
Important EEO information related to opening in the US
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Click on the links to read and the .
We will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
For more information, please
Solvay is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Solvay is a science company whose technologies bring benefits to many aspects of daily life. Our purpose we bond people, ideas and elements to reinvent progress is a... call to go beyond, to reinvent future forms of progress and create sustainable shared value for all through the power of science.
In a world facing an ever-growing population and quest for resources, we aim to be the driving force triggering the next breakthroughs to enable humanity to advance while protecting the planet we all share.
We bond with customers and partners to address today and tomorrow’s megatrends. As a global leader in Materials, Chemicals and Solutions, Solvay brings advancements in planes, cars, batteries, smart and medical devices, water and air treatment, to solve critical industrial, social and environmental challenges.
You can count on our innovative solutions to contribute to safer, cleaner and more sustainable future.
We are looking for :
An Operator who can execute manufacturing and / or finished goods processing in accordance with DOT and QHSE (quality, health safety and environmental) rules and regulations, in a cost effective manner, while meeting or exceeding customer requirements.
We count on you for :
Comply with HSE regulations and company policies :
• Maintain a safe working environment and ensure team compliance with Solvay Life Saving Rules, use of PPE, HSE rules, regulations and policies.
• Support management regarding the compliance with HSE rules, regulations and policies.
• Ensure that own activities and initiatives respect the HSE rules, regulations and policies.
• Implement assigned HSE incident action items on time.
• Perform internal HSE audits and inspections.
• Ensure DOT regulations for all transport vehicles and movement of hazardous materials are followed.
Operations / Finished Goods Processing :
• Manage the flow of day to day operations.
• Ensure loading schedules and orders are followed under Solvay’s quality control procedures and completed on time.
• Assist management at critical moments in order to realize the production plans.
• Support and complete assigned task within the Excellence programs and promote continuous improvement activities.
• Assure administrative duties are completed in an accurate and timely manner : checklist, lockouts, paperwork (reading sheets, inspections, etc.).
• Monitor field equipment (by inspection & instrumentation walking rounds, observing pressures, levels and temperatures on vessels and rotating equipment or using other visual / audible indication), adjust, and troubleshoot equipment as needed.
• Recognize abnormal conditions while performing daily routine tasks.
• Take corrective and preventive actions to keep the chemical processes within acceptable control guidelines and to avoid safety, environmental or quality incidents during normal or upset process conditions.
• Has responsibility for monitoring all direct aspects of chemical process production, byfield observation and / or by control system monitoring.
• Maintain written record of field instrumentation readings, log of process changes, equipment malfunctions, and safety issues.
• Start & stop compressors, blowers, pumps, and other rotating equipment.
• Turn valves and adjust controls associated with various piping, vessels, and other equipment.
• Prepare equipment for maintenance.
• Collect process samples, run lab analyses on process samples, assess need for process changes based on analytical results, and document results & actions.
• Frequently climb ladders and stairs to access all necessary aspects of process equipment. May also be required to climb into pipe racks with safety harness.
• Learn and understand details of chemical processes, associated hazards of chemical processes, and mechanical equipment utilized in all units.
• May be required to serve as a member of special teams (quality, safety committee, training, environmental, etc.).
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
You can count on us for :
This role offers a unique opportunity for the candidate to be part of a growing GBU Peroxides family and participate in the ambitious transformation journey Solvay is launching in order to further upscale our capabilities.
It gives the candidate's the opportunity to be recognized as the orchestrator of our GBU Peroxide and benefit from a large autonomy to define how we will reach our ambitions with respect to process standardization.
You will bring :
• Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Two or more year’s industrial experience is preferred but not required.
• Technical training (specialized training for operator or 2 years college) is also preferred, but not required.
You will get :
Competitive salary; salary range of $ - $ Since actual compensation packages are based on a variety of factors unique to each candidate we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted base hourly range.
Total compensation for this role also includes bonus and / or other incentives.
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• 16 weeks of maternity / paternity and co-parenting leave
• Training Platform for all employees
• Free language courses (24 languages available)
• Solvay Shares Plan
• Free Well-Being sessions (physical and psychological)
Additional information :
• Ability to learn and work effectively with relevant computer software such as Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, SAP, Aspen Process Explorer.
• Develop a deep understanding of the transportation fleet for all products shipped.
• Ability to understand operation fundamentals such as : pipe configurations, valve line ups, pump operation, etc.
• Understand product specifications and the effects of cross contamination of products.
• Obtain and maintain all specified job qualifications.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent, and to interpret bar graphs.
This is an onsite position.
Production Operator Brussels jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.