IKEA Mexico City CDMX Mexico
2 months ago
IKEA's vision is to create a better everyday life for the majority of people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home products at such low prices that as many people as possible have access to them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
What is the purpose of this job?
You lead and inspire your team to optimise the shopping experience to secure satisfied customers and increased sales and profitability in your store. You achieve this using your knowledge of the IKEA product range, the local market, competition and customers. Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing in the business. You use the IKEA tools and expertise of your team and your colleagues to support you. In your strategies and actions, you always consider and steer the business in a multichannel retail environment, particularly the IKEA store and IKEA website. You actively... work towards fulfilling the four tasks of the IKEA store.
What are the main responsibilities of this job?
• Secure a consistent, seamless positive customer experience through all channels by ensuring that your department is always striving to fulfil the three IKEA customer motivators: "Is it worth it?", "Can I trust IKEA", "Is there something for me?
• Ensure your shopkeepers have the right number of co-workers in the right place at the right time to run their shops successfully and ensure their co-workers are ready and available to serve customers and help them buy.
• Deliver and lead the commercial action plan for your store; taking input from the team and the matrix manager to ensure the department supports the achievement of the agreed goals for the country, maximises sales and generates sustained long-term profitability. Secure successful implementation of country priorities and the sharing and implementing of good solutions.
• Ensure your shopkeepers understand the multichannel retail environment they are working in and know how to use this in the best and most commercial way for different customers.
• Deputise for the Store Sales Manager in all aspects as required.
• Analyse the qualitative performance of your store using IKEA research tools to improve the IKEA mechanical sales system and easy buying process through all channels.
• Know your local market potential and work with your team and other functions to ensure your store is locally relevant throughout the different sales channels.
• Follow up your financial goals, KPIs and costs, and take action on deviations. Motivate and develop team members by agreeing clear goals, expectations and conducting follow-ups.
• Secure competent and high-performing teams and leaders who inspire and empower every co-worker to recognise and understand their contribution. Identify and develop the many talents within the department to secure succession planning.
• Take responsibility for a number of key processes in the store to drive operational excellence and strong results , Sales Location Management or Sales Steering through business analysis.
• Through your everyday work you contribute to a people and planet positive business, social connection and environmental impact.
• You secure that purchasing is made according to the principles defined in the Purchase Policy:
• Operational participation in procurement projects.
• Compliance of Retail Purchase Toolkit (if applicable), IWAY and signed agreements.
What are the requirements of the job?
• Passionate about selling and getting the best for the customer.
• A passion for developing people and talent.
• You get as much out of helping your team achieve and develop as you do your own achievements.
• A passion for and interested in people's everyday life at home and home furnishing.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
• Understanding how to create business in the IKEA multichannel retail environment.
• A proven record of strong and successful leadership. Skilled in creating a high commercial performance and delivering results through your team.
• Understand and actively use all IKEA tools & materials to build competence.
• Understand the business plan process in the store and experience of setting and implementing action plans, budgets and following up goals to deliver to this.
• Business analysis and numerical skills to enable considered decision-making.
• Sales steering and how to work with layout as commercial tool.
• Understand the local market and competition and what this means for pricing.
• Understand life at home in your market & making commercial decisions based on this.
• Understand profit and loss and how to affect its result through departmental actions.
• Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating strong leadership capabilities.
• Ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
• Ability to set budgets, implement action plans and follow up goals.
• Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
• Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus.
• Ability to manage a variety of activities in parallel.
• Ability to engage a receiver by creating a passion for your plans.
• Ability to confront and manage poor performance.
• Proven ability to understand cause and effect of decisions.
This position is based in Mexico City (Oceanía) and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market. You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Mexico. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective.
Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here
Send your resume in english
Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Jobs in Mexico City CDMX Mexico
Deputy Store Sales Manager Mexico City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.