Eolas Recruitment Cork Ireland
2 months ago
My Cork City based client is recruiting for an EHS Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. This role is with a leading company in cleanroom construction, HVAC services, heat recovery and carbon emission reduction projects as well as general mechanical & Electrical Services. The EHS Manager will report into the Managing Director and will oversee the EHS function and you will work on a number of key projects nationwide. You will be responsible for the managing, monitoring, improving and enforcing of the environmental health and safety standards across the business, with the support of the wider team of EHS site representatives. You will ensure continued compliance with all regulatory standard, including ISO14000 & ISO45001, oversee the EHS system to ensure full implementation across all projects and all sites, travel to client’s sites required.
• You will oversee the EHS system to ensure full implementation across all projects & all sites.
• You will develop... & implement guidelines, processes & documentation to support the company in addressing & enforcing the required standards, within both health & safety & environmental legislation.
• You will prepare & inspect both Risk Assessment & Method Statements (RAMS) along with PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) documentation.
• You will conduct both administrative & site audits to ensure contractual obligations are being are met.
• Observe personnel to ensure EHS compliance. This will include monitoring specialist subcontractors, agency & direct employees.
• You will assist with incident investigations and utilisation of root cause analysis.
• You will ensure continued compliance with all regulatory standards, including ISO14000 & & ISO45001.
• You will be proactive in identifying both positive & negative events, while possessing the ability to implement realistic corrective & preventive measures.
• You will manage & maintain employee training records in conjunction with relevant colleagues.
• Create & develop content for the EHS intranet to include best practice policies and procedures.
Min of 5 years in the Construction sector or a min of 2 years in a EHS role in Construction (preferred)
• Possess an excellent level of knowledge of Irish Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulations.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to generate detailed monthly reports.
• Be conscientious, have excellent attention to detail and an ability to multitask.
• Have a positive attitude with a passion to succeed, an energetic approach and an ability to take accountability.
• The ability to lead & contribute comfortably as part of a team.
• Essential and Desirable Skills
• Preferably have qualifications in the following areas - First Aid and Manual
• Have knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical and Construction
• Have a relevant 3rd level
• A Masters in the area of Health & Safety would be distinctly advantageous.
• Working Hours & Benefits
• 38 Hour Working Week
Environment, Health and Safety Manager Cork jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.