Stantec Austell GA Georgia
2 months ago
Environmental Scientist/Ecologist - ( 230000AE )
• Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth.
We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise.
We re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that s critical to our clients and the communities they support.
Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
• Your Opportunity
• Stantec s southeastern environmental services group is seeking mid-level Environmental Scientists/Ecologists based out of Georgia or Birmingham, AL to lead environmental field surveys, reporting, and permitting support for our clients in the renewable energy, electric transmission, pipeline, transportation, and other business sectors.
The selected candidate will assist our team of... environmental professionals on environmental impact analysis, wetland, stream, and vegetation assessments/monitoring, and endangered species surveys in Georgia and across the southeast.As an Environmental Scientist/Ecologist, you will work in a highly dynamic team environment with other biologists/ecologists/water resource specialists, ecosystem restoration engineers, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) specialists, environmental planners, and regulatory experts.
This position involves daily travel and several days in the field as well as some office work, which can be done remotely.Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively.
Our staff include specialists in wetland science, threatened and endangered species surveys, NEPA, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), cultural resources, hydrogeology, engineering, habitat and ecosystem restoration, environmental remediation, and GIS.
We help our clients identify constraints and respond to opportunities within the changing regulatory and corporate environment through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and government regulators.
• Your Key Responsibilities
• + Leading Wetland and stream delineations and assessment.+ Vegetation inventories/monitoring+ Wildlife surveys and habitat assessments;+ Background data reviews;+ Environmental permit applications;+ Endangered resource record reviews;+ GPS data collection and mapping support;+ ArcGIS online mapping and data collection applications;+ Record, enter, organize, manage, and analyze data; and+ Assist with and prepare portions of written reports, tables, spreadsheets, databases, and maps for client and regulatory agency review.
• Your Capabilities and Credentials
• + An interest in ecosystems, natural resource conservation, and the outdoors is essential.+ The ability to solve problems using critical thinking and to complete tasks with consideration to their own and the team's safety is important.+ A positive attitude in all working conditions is key.+ Strong verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional MS Office skills.+ Strong note-taking skills and attention to detail.+ Experienced at working well in a team atmosphere and independently as required.+ Working understanding of policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training (as required).+ Must have the willingness to learn new skills while conducting field work.+ Conscientious, organized, and disciplined.+ Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships within their technical team and Business Center.+ Good driving record and valid driver s license required.+ Willingness to travel and conduct field work in potentially remote areas for extended periods (up to 75% of the time) including overnight travel is expected for this position.
Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.+ Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Education and Experience
• The ideal candidate will have at minimum, a bachelor's degree in an environmental discipline (biology, ecology, natural resources, soil science or related natural resources field) with demonstrated experience with biological surveys in the region.Experience of 4-10 years is desired, with experience leading field teams in natural resource inventories and surveys.Must be comfortable with computers and Trimble hand-held GPS units or other similar GPS based survey equipment.
Technical writing skills are necessary for this position.
• _This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice._
• Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us.
Join us and redefine your personal best.
• Primary Location
• Other Locations
United States-Georgia-Atlanta, United States-Alabama, United States-Georgia
BC-1726 EnvSvcs-US Gulf East
• Employee Status
• Job Level
Yes, 75 % of the Time
• Job Posting
Jan 31, 2023, 8:
• Req ID:
• 230000AEStantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment.
Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment.
EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
agriculture, air monitoring, biodiversity, climate, ecology, environmental, farm, sustainability, waste, water
Austell GA USA
Environmental Scientist/Ecologist Austell jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.