Ontario Ministry of Transportation
Ontario Ministry of Transportation Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Do you have proven experience managing projects and demonstrated knowledge of environmental issues?
Consider this opportunity to join a multidisciplinary team where you will manage the environmental component of large and complex transportation planning projects.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the... public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code. Refer to the "How to apply" section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• provide technical advice and leadership on environmental issues
• provide input into the development of new policy, best practice and legislative recommendations
• project manage the environmental component of engineering and consultant assignments
• liaise and negotiate with stakeholders, officials and ministries
• assist in identifying staff training needs, provide training, mentoring and technical guidance to junior staff
• present project recommendations to senior staff and management
• prepare planning reports, discussion papers and briefing materials
• travel throughout remote areas within Ontario to work on highway construction projects
How do I qualify?
• These positions require the successful candidates to have a valid class G driver's licence or equivalent. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidates providing proof that they have a valid driver's licence upon being hired.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you can present project recommendations to senior management, other ministries and stakeholders
• you can prepare project planning reports on recommended environmental policy, best practice and program options to senior management and external groups
• you can use interpersonal skills to provide advice and lead consultation processes with stakeholders
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you can use research skills to identify and recommend best practices and procedures
• you can analyze the impacts of policies on transportation planning, avoid statutory violations and project delays and meet environmental objectives
• you can resolve problems through negotiating agreements with stakeholders
Project Management and Organizational Skills:
• you have demonstrated knowledge and experience in project design and management to conduct and participate in projects
• You have knowledge of principles and practices of multi-modal transportation planning, design, construction and maintenance and the interaction between transportation and environmental disciplines.
• You have knowledge of environmental priorities/objectives to identify planning issues and determine direction, scope and consistency of approach for planning projects
Senior Environmental Planner Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.