Cathay Pacific George Town Penang Malaysia
2 months ago
Let your passion fly We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading airlines. Our reputation is built on a long track record of success, an ongoing commitment to our home Hong Kong, and on the delivery of customer service that’s straight from the heart. All of this is possible due to our talented people who share our passion for aviation and our commitment to being the best. Our global family can open up a world of opportunities for you. This means that your first role at Cathay Pacific won’t be your last. It could take you anywhere. Join us and discover just how far you can go
To perform operational functions ensuring delivery of a safe and exceptionally reliable travel experience that supports our brand and business whilst meeting all compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Report to Engineering Supervisor and Engineering Manager.
• Directly perform and certify aircraft maintenance when rostered to... do so.
• Perform the duties of an Aircraft Mechanic when rostered to do so.
• Monitor ground based aircraft monitoring and recording to assess aircraft serviceability and respond accordingly.
• Perform additional aircraft maintenance as requested by CX Technical Services – Fleet Support Team and Engineering Planned Maintenance Hong Kong. (ADD Clearance) as appropriate to qualification.
• Perform and certify maintenance and servicing of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA.
• Provide a high level of customer service.
• Perform relief duties on other stations when requested to do so.
• Keep up to date with the aircraft systems, technology, processes and procedures
• Other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
• Supervise mechanics and other staff assigned to the rostered shift.
• Provide support, assistance, understanding and problem solving for engineering staff.
• Management of Mechanics with the supervision of Engineering Manager Malaysia.
• Conducts regular performance reviews as direct appraiser for appointed staff.
• Technical training of CX/3rdparty Technicians to comply with Company/regulatory requirements. Provide local refresher training
Working Environment and safety
• Monitor ground safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensures that all staff operating around the aircraft adheres to general ramp safety practices.
• Ensure safe working practices are applied and accidents reported.
• Familiar with the local airport and company E&A procedures.
• Ensure all incoming communications are actioned
• Liaise with the Airports Services, Cargo and other CX/KA/LD airport departments to ensure maximum aircraft handling efficiency.
• Liaise with airport subcontractors as required during aircraft handling
• Liaise with contracted third party operators local representatives
• Familiar with and uses the available methods of communication such as VHF radios, Internet, Fax, Memo, Outlook, SITA etc
Ground Equipment, Aircraft Tooling and Facilities
• Assist with the servicing, maintenance and cleanliness of all station company ground equipment and vehicles
• Assist with the recalibration of aircraft tooling in accordance with company procedures
• Assist with station engineering fire protection.
• Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engineering facility
• Maintain PC literacy.
• Assist with the company material handling and storage procedures and custom regulations in relation to imported aircraft materials.
• Assist with the maintenance of all station Technical Publications
• Complete station logs and records
• Action technical documents and enters data into Ultramain as per the company’s procedures.
• FMIS/Horizon – process vendor/3rdpart invoices for payment
• Technical training of CX/3rdparty Technicians to comply with company/regulatory requirements
· Maintain Offices (stationary, pantry etc.)
• HKAR-66 B1 or B2 license, or any equivalent license acceptable in HKAR-2
• Minimum of 1 current aircraft type authorisation, preferably on the type operated by Cathay and level 3 trained
Knowledge, skills, training and experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
• Strong operation knowledge of aircraft maintenanceand ground handling activities
• Good knowledge of Hong Kong Civil Aviation Department airworthiness regulations
• Good business awareness
• Good communication skills
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer
George Town Penang Malaysia
Jobs in George Town Penang Malaysia
Licensed Aircraft Engineer George Town jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.