Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Accounting, Auditing & Finance Nairobi Kenya
2 months ago
Title: Investment Analyst
Location: Nairobi (Kenya)
Salary range: Competitive
Founded in 2003, Equator Capital Partners LLC (“Equator”) is an impact investment Fund Manager overseeing the ShoreCap family of Funds. ShoreCap’s funds have an investment objective of enhancing the growth and capacity of financial institutions serving micro-businesses and small enterprises in developing and transitional economies. Equator Capital Partners delivers substantial increases in the scale, profitability and effectiveness of these financial institutions through active engagement with management teams and the provision of capacity building.
The position reports to the Chief Investment Officer of Equator and is responsible for a range of operational responsibilities through the PE investment life cycle, most notably business development, financial modelling and analysis, and ongoing relationship management with existing portfolio... companies.
• Conduct research for in-depth trend and specific industry analysis, to identify international funding sources and relevant regulatory & legal issues (for sector reports & research papers) and on other topics as assigned.
• Support due diligence on prospective investees, perform rigorous assessment of investment opportunities, including analyzing financial information (historic accounts and projections) and related business plans.
• Prepare valuations, financial models and projections for prospective investment opportunities.
• Prepare research reports, detailed investment memoranda and recommendations for Investment Directors, as well as assist in presenting investments to the Investment Committee for approval.
• Assist in identifying, analyzing, structuring and closing quasi-equity and equity investments across Africa.
• Support portfolio companies with value-add initiatives, such as helping to create financial models, perform analytics to influence business decisions and implement appropriate financial management systems.
• With input from investee management, prepare reports for quarterly/regular reviews of portfolio companies.
• Perform semi-annual and year-end investment valuations for portfolio companies.
• Manage communications and reporting for select portfolio companies.
• Prepare proceedings for various internal meetings.
• Advanced financial modelling and valuation skills
• CFA, CPA and/or MBA (or a Masters’ degree in Finance, Banking, Accounting or Economics)
• Minimum of five years of experience in business consulting, investment or banking sectors
• Excellent knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to operate independently to achieve optimal results.
• Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills are required.
• International and multi-cultural experience, proficiency in French or Portuguese is a plus
• Ability to work independently with high level of responsibility
• Strong work ethic with good attention to detail
Investment Analyst Nairobi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.