Aerotek Detroit MI United States
2 months ago
$34/hr for 1st shift. $34.50/hr for 2nd or 3rd shift. Need to be open to any shift due to union bid system...
Purpose of Position:
Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges and machinist's hand tools by performing the following duties.
The following job/task functions have been identified as the core functions of this position. However, the supervisor or manager may assign additional duties
associated with this position.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade fixtures and gages.
- Perform general fixture and gage maintenance.
- Demonstrates good short and long term decision making in the following:
- Press Room & Hot Stamp Troubleshooting
- Problem Identification and Solution
- Tool Room Repair and Maintenance Work and
- Tool Room Machining Practices
- Promotes teamwork and displays a willingness to work with others.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Determine specifications for inspection of work, using full range of precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspection before, during and after machining.
- Performs extensive die maintenance such as rebuilding die sections, retrimming pads and forms and engineering changes on all types of dies.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, Blanchard and surface grinder to machine parts and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Smooths flat and contoured surfaces to fit and assemble parts together into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Hand or spot grind Iron to Iron and Metal Out.
- Heat treats tools or parts.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, jigs and fixtures to recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Connects wiring and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components.
- Demonstrates good work planning/scheduling practices.
- Punctual and regular attendance is required.
- Able and willing to work any shift assigned.
- Keeps work areas clean and orderly.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Assumes other duties as directed by supervisor.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law
Detroit MI USA
Jobs in Detroit MI United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.