Humber College Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed, caring and fun-loving people.
We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Humber’s Faculty of Media and Creative Arts offers the most comprehensive mix of media, arts and communications programs in Canada. We specialize in storytelling of all forms: journalism and writing; film, acting and... television; advertising and public relations; interaction design and animation; music and fine arts. Live Labs and work-integrated learning opportunities complement the industry-specific business skills that are woven through each of our programs. Our graduates are collaborative, highly skilled, career-ready professionals with the creative aptitude, entrepreneurial ability, and resourcefulness needed to lead and innovate wherever the story takes them.
Position Title: Program Support Officer, CPL
Status: Regular Part Time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Media & Creative Arts
Salary: (Min) $29.88 – (Max) $34.63 per hour.
What You Will Do
The incumbent will provide direct support to Academic Leadership in the Continuous Professional Learning Department of the Faculty of Media & Creative Arts, while providing a comprehensive range of support services to the students, professors, program liaisons, external stakeholders, in their assigned cluster of programming. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: administrative, program, financial, human resources, student, marketing, and inter-departmental support. The incumbent also acts as a resource to students, professors, PCs, and administrators on the application of the College’s academic policies and procedures. It is expected that the incumbent, therefore, will continue to develop opportunities that directly impact the learning environment. The volume and diversity of students encountered enhances the customer service requirements of this role.
Hours Per Week
Regular Part-Time Support
Media and Creative Arts
Deadline to Apply
Mar. 22, 2023
Faculty of Media & Creative Arts
What you bring to the role:
3-year diploma/degree or equivalent in Business, Communications, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Marketing, and any other related fields of study.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ progressive administrative or student advising experience in a post-secondary environment.
• Experience with compiling and analyzing research-based data from various sources, producing reports, and identifying trends from data to develop solutions and strategies.
• Experience with proof reading communications.
• Experience with a variety of communication platforms.
• Experience with advising students on courses and programs selection.
• Experience with supporting curriculum planning, and academic program delivery.
• Experience in interpreting policies and procedures.
• Experience with special events.
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
• Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
• Proven ability to work independently on assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to use office equipment – phone, photocopier, printer, fax and troubleshoot technical minor problems.
• Proven excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Occupational Health and Safety training is considered an asset.
• Administrative and document tracking skills; attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to research new program opportunities, create marketing materials, liaise with industry and plan events.
• Experience with scheduling.
• Familiarity with Destiny One is considered an asset.
What’s In it for you?
• An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
• Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
• Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
• Amazing perks
• Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at [email protected]
Program Support Officer, CPL - FMCA - RPT Support Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.