Humber College Toronto Canada
2 months ago
Find Your Spot at Humber
At Humber, our career paths open up a world of infinite possibilities for you to explore. People are at the heart of the Humber experience. Here, every day we work shoulder to shoulder to deliver excellence, and in doing so, we redefine what it means to be a leader in polytechnic education. Humber employees are a diverse group of committed,
caring and fun-loving people. We take finding and growing the right talent very seriously. We strive to find and nurture extraordinary employees who bring their best each day.
If you are interested in working in higher education and are looking to contribute to the largest polytechnic College in Ontario, as we shape the future of our students and communities, here is your opportunity to join our team.
Position Title: SWEL Systems Specialist
Status: Regular Part Time
Hours: 24 hours / week
Faculty/Department: Student Wellness and Equitable Learning
Campus/Location: On-campus, both North and... Lakeshore
Salary: Min ($24.14)
What You Will Do
Reporting to the SWEL Director of Operations and working closely with the SWEL Administration Manager, ITS, the SWEL team, and any campus partners and collaborators, the SWEL System Specialist will oversee the administration of the SWEL IT systems, namely Register Blast, Advocate, PS Suites, and ClockWork.
The SWEL Systems Specialist will support system development, maintenance, and integration with Humber and University of Guelph-Humber student information systems, facilitating a positive experience for all users. They will become the SME in the assigned systems (above) and will be responsible for daily system support, delivery of technical services and
customer service. The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate a high level of self-direction, initiative, and independence of judgment.
• System Administration & User Experience: Act as a Super Administrator for RegisterBlast, Advocate, PS Suites, and ClockWork, facilitating user on-boarding, approving user accounts and postings to supporting system triage functionalities; Act as the key point person and a catalyst to resolve problems with students and other users (i.e., faculty and staff); Provide ongoing training and coaching to system users;
• Monitoring & Communications: Prepare and deliver a communications plan for projects that addresses all stakeholder and user needs; Support a long-term operational and support plan for systems, activities and processes deployed;
• Resource Development & Training: Maintain user guides and online training videos for system users, specifically students, staff and faculty; Provide training to the team for new features released in the system and develop training materials as required.
Hours Per Week
Regular Part-Time Support
Student Affairs and Services
Deadline to Apply
Mar. 22, 2023
Student Success and Engagement
What You Bring To The Role
Three-year diploma/degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Science, or Business Administration. Post-graduate credential or certificate in project management an asset.
3 years of experience in database systems and analysis with responsibility for support, maintenance, and configuration; higher education experience preferred.
• Ability to manage competing demands and high volume;
• Exceptional customer service skills;
• Excellent analytical and organizational abilities;
• The capacity to interact effectively and represent Humber SWEL positively with faculty partners, staff, students;
• Good systems knowledge and experience working with external providers;
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office programs, Internet and web site management required.
• Ability to adapt to an environment where change is frequent, and process ambiguity exists;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and maintain tact and professionalism in stressful situations.
What’s In it for you?
• An opportunity to have an impact with a post-secondary institution, poised to do great things.
• Diverse, hard-working, committed team of people who care about each other.
• Tools and technology that will allow you to succeed at your job.
• Amazing perks
• Highly supportive work culture
At Humber College we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it! Experience comes in many forms, skills are transferable, and a progressive mindset goes a long way at Humber. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, consider applying and tell us why you are a great candidate for this job. Find your Spot at Humber!
We thank you for your interest in working with Humber College. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Consideration for Support Staff and Academic positions will be given to internal employees in accordance with the respective Collective Agreements.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Humber College is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of our students and our city. We actively seek Indigenous Peoples and individuals from equity-deserving groups with demonstrated skills and knowledge to deal with all aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion in a post-secondary environment.
Humber College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our HR Generalists will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate formats upon request.
At Humber College, all forms of discrimination and harassment are prohibited. Students and employees have the right to study, live and work in an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. If you need assistance on concerns related to discrimination and harassment, please contact the Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion http://hrs.humber.ca/human-rights-equity-diversity.html or the Office of Student Conduct at [email protected]
SWEL Systems Specialist - SSE - RPT Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.