University of Manitoba
University of Manitoba Winnipeg Canada
2 months ago
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
The University of Manitoba is looking for a Centre Administrator. This position will assist the Director in operating the Centre, addressing all budgetary and personnel concerns... including allocating and expending the Centre’s budget appropriately, identifying and performing interdepartmental charges, journal entries, and payroll adjustments, balancing research funds and overseeing the reconciliation of all accounts. This position will also be responsible for the administrative details related to the day-to-day operation of the Centre and it’s programs.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
• A University Bachelor's degree in a related discipline plus the equivalent of 3 years of directly related administrative experience required.
• Or completion of a High school or equivalent program of studies in applied office skills plus the equivalent of 7 years of related experience in progressively responsible positions.
• Administrative experience and familiarity with University policies and procedures is required.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience including performance management, is required.
• Experience with administering budgets, processing journal entries and payroll adjustments, and producing financial statements for external funders is required.
• Experience with various appointment types, HR processes, and physical resources at the University is preferred.
• Experience with Concur, EPIC, Aurora Student would be an asset.
• Completion of the UM Management Fundamentals Program (or Supervisory Excellence program) an asset.
• An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Demonstrated proficiency in using MS Office Suite is required.
• Must be dependable, self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic, with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
• Demonstrated problem‑solving skills required.
• Must be able to contribute to a respectful and collegial work environment
• Must have strong networking skills.
• Must have highly developed interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to foster a customer focused environment required.
• Ability to communicate in an articulate, knowledgeable, and persuasive manner, both verbally and in writing, is required.
• Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team required.
• Working knowledge of the University and its collective agreements and ability to interpret and apply Collective Agreements is preferred.
• Excellent working knowledge of VIP, Aurora Finance/Banner, FAST, and UM-Careers an asset.
• Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
• Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
• Competitive vacation time.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program.
• A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Closing Date: March 20, 2023
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,164.20-$77,768.60 per year
• Dental care
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-03-22
Centre Administrator Winnipeg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.