WESTERN UNIVERSITY London Canada
2 months ago
Classification & Regular Hours
Hours per Week: 35
Salary Grade: Level M
With an international reputation for success, Western ranks as one of Canada's top research-intensive universities. Our research excellence expands knowledge and drives discovery with real-world application. Western also provides an exceptional employment experience, offering competitive salaries, a wide range of employment opportunities and one of Canada's most beautiful campuses.
ACVS s vision: Advancing excellence in research through collaborative and innovative service, education, and animal welfare.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support for a variety of administrative tasks, which support the smooth and effective operations of Animal Care & Veterinary Services. The role will serve as a resource and point of contact for principal investigators, staff, students, committees, and other stakeholders regarding administrative matters, answering or... re-directing inquiries as appropriate. The Administrative Assistant will perform a range of tasks ensuring that deadlines and schedules are met, such as providing administrative support for orientation and training sessions, facilitating visitor entry, and assisting with animal census administration. The role will also port for project teams, ensuring that they have the resources, materials and assistance required to support their activities.
• 2-year Community College Diploma in Office Administration
• CALAS Orientation or ARLAT Designations is preferred
• More than 2 years and up to and including 4 years experience providing customer service in an office setting
• Experience providing office administration in a university or veterinary clinic environment is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Verbal communication skills to clearly express ideas in an objective manner, and adapt communication style to suit the situation and audience
• Demonstrated ability take initiative, to work independently and follow through on work assignments
• Ability to apply active listening to hear and understand the complete message being communicated
• Competency to maintain confidentiality and treat sensitive information with discretion
• Ability to establish rapport with people from diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve external and internal partner issues
• Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
• Ability to follow formal business practices with high attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized and effective personal work environment
• Adapts readily and effectively to changing priorities and demands
• Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students, and the public
• Ability to demonstrate patience and focus to complete detailed administrative tasks
• Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and other members of the University community
• Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
• Intermediate proficiency required in Microsoft Office in order to prepare formal correspondence, emails, memos, type manuscripts and input departmental data into spreadsheets and databases
Western welcomes applications from all qualified individuals; however, it is the university's policy to give first consideration to all qualified UWOSA applicants.
Please note, successful applicants may be required to produce a current record of police information check from a police service prior to commencing employment.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted
Administrative Assistant III London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.