Northeast Georgia Health System
Northeast Georgia Health System Demorest GA Georgia
2 months ago
8 Hr Morning - Afternoon...
Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
Utilizes the nursing process to access, plan, implement and evaluate care to Center patients. Processes and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures for the competent delivery of nursing care. Complies with standards of practice, coordination of stress lab schedule and assures promptness and accuracy during performance of noninvasive procedures
Minimum Job Qualifications
• Licensure or other certifications: Currently licensed as an LPN in the State of Georgia.
• Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum Experience:
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Preferred Licensure or other certifications: Current ACLS certification
• Preferred Educational Requirements:
• Preferred Experience: Minimum of 2 years experience.
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification
• Successful completion of nursing skills checklist
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
• Maintain scheduled procedures in a timely manner. Greet patient, complete assessment and associated paperwork for procedure ordered. Explain procedure and assess patient for accuracy of test ordered through ECIS and notify physician in stress lab rotation if necessary for any changes/corrections.
• Prepare patient for ordered procedure and assist with Echo & Vascular studies if necessary. Upon completion of ordered test, assist physician and patient with any throughput or follow up required post-testing. Collaborate with other healthcare team members in response to patient and family needs. Notify physician assigned to Stress lab or any abnormalities.
• Complete all paperwork associated with test(s) performed, including copying and faxing of reports and placement of completed chart in appropriate location. Responsible for compliance in respective clinical areas to include, but not limited to, medical record documentation and clinical notes in ECIS, and patient privacy.
• Follow out with physician orders including patient education and maintaining education booklets, education and application of event and/or Holter monitors, Scanning of Holter monitor (if cross-trained), performing venipuncture, complete associated paperwork for lab through ECIS, assist with scheduling of tests/procedures.
• Provide physician and/or patient with prescribed medication samples. Assist with ordering and stocking supplies and medications, including maintaining supply log with par levels for lab and ordering supplies in a timely manner, keep adequate supply of medications used daily for testing purposes and monitor par levels.
• Maintain crash cart including check defibrillator, crash cart daily log, and document on log. Keep log of medication expiration and replacements. Maintain O2 cylinders and supplies and order replacements as needed.
• Maintains current skills checklist and assist with performing skills checklist on other employees. Identifies and implements infection control and safety practices. Complies with OSHA regulations.
• Complies a minimum of six hours continuing education within review year. Conducts at least one clinically related in-service for center staff during review year.
• Cross trains if necessary to perform basic radiological, laboratory and other functions as necessary.
• Weight Lifted: Up to 50 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
• Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Occasionally 0-30% of time
• Vision: Moderate, Frequently 31-65% of time
• Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
• Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
• Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
• Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
• Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Keyboarding, Driving
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals.
NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status
Demorest GA USA
Licensed Practice Nurse - LPN - GA Heart Institute - Habersham... Demorest jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.