Pwani University Kenya
Pwani University Kenya Kilifi Kenya
2 months ago
Pwani University is a Premier University at the Coast situated in the beautiful scenic tourist resort town of Kilifi. The University’s Mission is to generate, disseminate and apply knowledge while sustaining excellence in teaching, learning and research by molding students to international standards and encouraging and supporting members of staff to undertake research. The University invites applications from suitable, qualified candidates to fill the position of Registrar (Administration and Planning) Grade 15
Registrar (Administration and Planning) Grade 15 1 POSITION REF: PU/ADV/01/03/2023
This is the senior-most position in the University for this cadre. The appointee shall be expected to provide leadership to members in lower grades. Appointment is on a three (3) year renewable performance-based contract depending on age, citizenship and any other reason as may be stipulated in the Kenya Labour Laws.
The officer will be reporting to the Deputy Vice Chancellor... (Administration, Finance and Planning) and will be Responsible for organizing, controlling, administrative and financial functions of the University.
The candidate must have a Ph.D. degree in any academic field.
A Masters degree in Human Resource Management, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Law.
Applicants should obtain clearance from the Higher Education Loans Board (H.E.L.B), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and a valid certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya National Police Service.Have high ethical standards, integrity, accountability and professionalism, and good stewardship and comply with
the requirements of Chapter six of the Kenya Constitution 2010.
Interested candidates must:-
• At least twelve (12) years of continuous university service; three (3) of which must have served as
Deputy Registrar (A&F) or equivalent, with proven integrity, honesty, independence, innovativeness
and compliance to deadlines.
• Have sound knowledge of Financial Management and demonstrate skills of effectively coordinating and overseeing Finance and Administrative Functions in a large organization.
• Have a good understanding of University functions and procedures, and experience in Financial, Human
Resource and Procurement Management.
• Have a proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment.
• Be familiar with the formulation and provision of guidelines on planning and management of
• Demonstrate evidence of administrative leadership.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Universities Act 2012, Statutes, Policies and other
Regulations related to Academic and Administrative functions of a University.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of Quality Management Systems, Performance contracting, ISO
procedures, University Administrative policies and Procedures.
• Be conversant with modern Information, Communication Technology; demonstrate creativity in
evolving innovative strategic management trends, and an understanding of government policies as well as Human Resource policies.
The Officer will perform the following duties and responsibilities
• Oversee the smooth running of the various sections in the Administration, Finance and Planning
Division as stipulated in the Statutes.
• Responsible for planning, policy formulation and general administration of the various administrative
activities in the University administration
• Manage various departments within the Administration, Finance and Planning Division with regard to the legal requirements and regulations governing the management and administration of University
resources in general and within their respective departments.
• Coordinate and monitor planning, development, maintenance and repair of existing physical
• Coordinate the development of the University Master Plan and procurement plans;• Coordinate performance contracting, measurement and monitoring, strategic planning.
• Provide secretarial services to the University Management Board
• Participate in preparation of the University budget.
• Handle office allocation and staff housing matters.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the Head of Department
Applicants should possess the following:-
• Ability to plan and adapt to change
• Knowledge of financial management
• Leadership Skills
• Computer literacy Skills
• Team building and team work.
• Interpersonal Skills
• Communication Skills
• Managerial Skills
• Organisational Skills
• Have knowledge and ability to use E.R.P (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
In addition, candidates should show evidence of active involvement in International/Continental/Regional
/National/ Local/Community activities
Terms and conditions of service:
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable for a further period
of three (3) years subject to satisfactory performance, age, citizenship and any other reason as may
be stipulated in the Kenya Labour Laws.
Interested applicants should submit four (4) copies of their application accompanied by a detailed
curriculum vitae (detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, academic leadership,
publications, awards/scholarships/funding, membership to professional association and linkages)
and copies of certificates. Applicants should also provide names and contact addresses of three
referees who are knowledgeable of the competence of the applicant.Applications and letters of recommendation from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Candidates with foreign qualifications MUST submit a Certificate of Recognition from the
Commission of University Education (CUE)
Pwani University is an equal-opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with
disability are encouraged to apply. The latter should attach their National Council for Persons
with Disability (NCPWD) Certificate.
The deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday 22nd March 2023. Applications received
later than this date will not be considered
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
PWANI UNIVERSITY DOES NOT CHARGE FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE
RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR
Registrar (Administration and Planning) Grade 15 1 POSITION REF... Kilifi jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.