Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH Berlin Germany
2 months ago
Start date: 1st April 2023
Location: Remote / hybrid (possibility to work from Berlin office)
Type of position: 80%- 100%.
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organisation founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out of the box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee drinkers, innovators and dreamers, all united in our passion for democratising digital education.
About the position…
Community management at Kiron means engaging with our learning communities, to motivate students on their learning journeys, assess their needs and adapt to them and create a sense of belonging to a global community. Beyond that, community engagement also happens at program level. For a current program in Germany, for... instance, we are creating an ecosystem of students, partner companies and potential employers to support Kiron students to achieve their professional goals.
As a Community Manager, you will be responsible for developing and successfully implementing our community engagement strategy to keep all our learning communities active.
You will own / guide:
• You will work with student community moderators, using mainly our community space on Kiron Campus and other tools you deem appropriate to engage the community.
• You will be responsible for coordinating student recruitment initiatives in collaboration with other team members, such as our Student Support Officer or our Program Managers.
• You will bring forward some ongoing projects or ideas to increase the involvement of our students in Kiron’s governance, e.g. the Student Advisory Board.
• You will collaborate with the communications team in specific campaigns, e.g. motivating students to participate in our events or advocacy campaigns.
• You will collaborate with education experts in incorporating more community elements into our offers.
• You will review community indicators in our MEL framework / org-wide KPI.
• You will design student surveys and other research activities with our MEL consultant and UX expert.
…. And grow/learn:
• Product development and how our platform and its features can facilitate community building.
• Fundraising proposals.
• Donor relations.
• Network Engagement Team
• Programs Team
• Kiron Students
To succeed and grow in this position, you will likely be:
• Passionate about our mission to democratise access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide.
• An open-minded, empathetic, people-focused person, comfortable attending social events and able to deal with a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
• An excellent communicator and committed to creating an exceptional experience for all the stakeholders you interact with.
• Tech-savvy in the use of software and online tools.
• A strong, but flexible organiser, able to coordinate and implement work from various projects and to deal with changing priorities.
• Fluent in English and at least one of the following languages: Arabic, Turkish, or Farsi.
… and will likely have:
• Engaged with underserved communities, especially with people with a forced migration background
• Worked in community-building in a similar context to Kiron, ideally in an online platform or using online tools,
• Led the implementation of projects/programs that may be similar to Kiron’s, supervising the work of other colleagues.
• An understanding or familiarity with the challenges of newcomers coming to Germany / Europe
Ideally, you might also have :
• Worked within the online education sector and an understanding of how learning communities work.
• A general understanding of global migration trends and debates, and issues of representation of refugees.
This profile draws on our experience with people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
What you can expect at Kiron …
• After your first month, you will have completed your onboarding, got to know the team, understand the community experience priorities for 2023 and be familiar with the most important processes and tools we use at Kiron.
• After three months, you will understand our different learning communities / target audiences and their main needs and expectations; have developed a productive working relationship with the Programs Team and other relevant stakeholders); and have contributed to the community experience strategy and the Kiron-wide programs strategy to make them more student-centered, measurable and targeted to our goals.
• After six months, you will be comfortable making decisions on community-related priorities, and contributing to project proposal.
• After 1 year, you will fully own the community experience strategy together with the Programs Team and further develop the strategy and define new priorities.
A transparent wage model provides the framework for salary decisions at Kiron. Ranges are based on the job category (e.g. software engineers, fundraisers) and the level of experience and responsibility expected of the role (junior/entry-level, professional/experienced, senior / expert, team/content lead). The final salary offer is made considering the candidate’s experience and expected contribution.
The range foreseen for this role is between 3000 - 4000 Euros/ monthly.
You can also expect 30 days of vacation, flexible working hours, remote working arrangements, 5 days of educational leave per year, team-building activities and opportunities for professional development.
• We are a mission-driven organisation committed to making a difference for underserved communities and passionate about the potential of education to change the world.
• We offer a flexible, agile and entrepreneurial work environment where purpose, enthusiasm, and ideas are valued.
• We are a vibrant and international team based in Germany and Jordan.
Are you ready to join our mission?
Then please submit your application.
You can expect at least two rounds of interviews and, in some cases, to complete a task. We will inform you about the process in our first interview. We will inform all applicants of the outcome of their application.
If you have questions about the position or would like to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself, please contact [email protected].
Kiron is committed to empowerment and inclusion and continuously works to create a diverse, safe and inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all people - regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, world-view or sexual orientation. In line with our values, we especially encourage people with refugee or migration backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities, to apply. Please contact us if you have any questions or constructive feedback on the topic of inclusion at Kiron
Community Manager (Maternity Cover) Berlin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.