GIC Private Limited
GIC Private Limited Tokyo Japan
2 months ago
GIC is one of the world’s largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world’s industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore’s financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
We were an early entrant among institutional investors in real estate including traditional private real estate (brick-and-mortar assets), public equities, real estate investment trusts, and real estate-related debt instruments.
You will be empowered to leverage professional specialist expertise to supervise engineering, and environmental, social and governance aspects of investment, and asset management activities, including physical due diligence, development management, and ongoing audits.
What impact can... you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that ranks among the top global real estate investment firms, and handles a multi-billion-dollar Real Estate portfolio globally.
What will you do as an Asset Development and Engineering professional?
You will join a team that acts as the technical support group for the investment team. Primary focus areas are to actively manage and monitor all technical due diligence, engineering, development, maintenance, and facilities management issues for both new and existing investments. The team also assists in fee negotiations, development of key contractual documents and contract negotiations with sellers, partners, and consultants as necessary.
• Planning, co-ordinating and managing development works from start to project completion, along with the development partner. This includes setting design directions based on commercial considerations and oversight of the overall development process from design through construction completion.
• Providing the necessary commercial and project related input for investment deal underwriting. This includes assessment of all development related considerations/risks such as capability of developer, development potential, cost and timelines etc.
• As part of development management, tracking progress and making timely interventions with development partners to ensure time, cost and quality standards are met.
• Providing technical advice during the acquisition phase for underwriting and long-term ownership of buildings. Managing the technical diligence process, identifying adequate mitigations / resolution and planning subsequent execution.
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
• A degree from a recognised university in Architecture / Civil and Structural Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering. Graduates in other related disciplines would also be considered.
• More than 10 years of relevant working experience in project implementation, preferably in large and complex commercial buildings. Project implementation / management experience in other sectors such as hospitality, logistics and data centres are preferred.
• Strong knowledge of development, construction, asset/property management, engineering and operations, architectural and consultants’ contracts, and ability to structure fees, terms and conditions to optimize pricing and performance, including strong negotiating and contract documentation skills.
• High level of computer literacy in spreadsheets, word processing and project scheduling programs.
• Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to engage productively with C-suite officers and promoters of development partners.
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.
GIC is a Great Place to Work
At GIC, we believe sustainable high performance is driven by high expectations and a commitment to excellence, as well as empowerment and flexibility. As such, we currently operate under a hybrid model in which most employees spend 3-4 days in office and 1-2 days working from home each week. This balance allows us to preserve the ‘office as a hub’ for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection, while giving our employees the flexibility to do their best work and be their best selves.
GIC is an equal opportunity employer
GIC is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please email [email protected] at any point of the application or interview process if adjustments need to be made due to a disability.
Learn more about our Real Estate Department here: https://gic.careers/group/real-estate
VP, Asset Development and Engineering, Real Estate - Japan Tokyo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.