External - Global, Morningstar
External - Global, Morningstar Tokyo Japan
2 months ago
Morningstar provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Data group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
Morningstar Managed Investment Data Team seeks a Data Relationship Manager to champion Morningstar data capabilities in Asia market The employee will represent Morningstar’s data capabilities to clients and industry groups and return the voice of the local market back to the Global data teams. In this role you are responsible for identifying new data opportunities... and will collaborate with teams across the company to define and execute upon Morningstar’s unique value proposition in response to industry trends.
The position will be based in Ibbotson Japan office and report up to both Local Manager and Data Director, Managed Investment Data - Asia Pacific Team, respectively.
• Data expert on investment data points, processes, methodologies, calculations & different fund structures.
• Manage business relationships between fund companies. Visit providers & set up acquisition channels as well as act as a point of escalation when such channels are failing.
• Be an ambassador for Morningstar data & provide materials to assist retaining & obtaining business.
• Partner with sales, product & support teams on the prospect discovery process & lead generation and serve as the subject matter expert to address data inquiries.
• Collaborate with external and internal teams to align priorities based upon local business requirements.
• Conduct business analysis & manage projects focused on enhancing our database in order to meet changes in our industry and client’s needs.
• Bring back voice of client for data or process enhancement.
• Monitor competitor behavior, trends and services in order Morningstar are well placed to act on any opportunities that may arise.
• Monitor local asset management industry trends, regulatory movements, and transform them into implications to Morningstar data business.
Candidates should have a strong interest in the investment world, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication skills. More details as follows.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience, with demonstrated ability to foster successful external relationships with asset managers, regulator and third-party data providers.
• Solid understanding of the local financial industry and passionate in investment data.
• Critical knowledge in fund investments data and methodologies.
• Ability to demonstrate client centric approach.
• Must be fluent in Japanese. Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong learning ability; interested to learn the complex structure of numerous investment vehicles.
• Self-motivated in an independent, strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• A bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or equivalent is required.
J70_IbbotJapanKK Ibbotson Japan K.K. Legal Entity
Morningstar’s hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. While some positions are available as fully remote, we’ve found that we’re at our best when we’re purposely together on a regular basis, typically three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you’ll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues
Data Relationship Manager Tokyo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.