Consumer Affairs New York NY United States
2 months ago
We are looking for an experienced Editorial Assistant to join our amazing team at ConsumerAffairs in Tulsa, OK.
Growing your career as a Full Time Editorial Assistant is a terrific opportunity to develop excellent skills.
If you are strong in project management, critical thinking and have the right initiative for the job, then apply for the position of Editorial Assistant at ConsumerAffairs... today!
ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases.
We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be.
Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team-first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork are in our hearts; we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team focussing on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Editorial Assistant is an integral part of the ConsumerAffairs content team, helping to write and maintain quality content and assisting the Content Operations Manager with special projects. Main duties include overseeing the efficient building of content, writing and editing content and implementing brand feature data into content. The Editorial Assistant reports to the Content Operations Manager and will assist with other day-to-day projects as needed. RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required
Create and maintain site content
• Create writing assignments for Editorial Brand Profiles
• Update published content as requested by partner brands
• Oversee the team of people responsible for building content in the content management system
• Research and write other content as needed
Implement data-driven content
• Input data from standardized data collection tools into content management system
• Set up dynamic code in published content to utilize data
• Coordinate creation of graphics and charts for newsworthy data journalism
Help maintain ConsumerAffairs’ social media presence
• Work with the social media and digital PR team on posts about ConsumerAffairs content
• Engage and interact with followers, commenters and tagged posts
Execute administrative projects
• Coordinate team meetings and schedules
• Coordinate contracts and payment of freelancers
• Gather and analyze metrics as needed on traffic, backlinks, consumer reviews, and other data
Qualifications & Credentials
• Bachelor’s Degree in a communications field preferred
• 2+ years experience or training specifically in journalism (can include internships and schooling)
• Can show work product as writer, editor, researcher, fact-checker, data journalist or other capacity
• Experience with Google Workspace
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Familiarity with HTML/JSON code
• Efficient use of social media platforms and scheduling tools
• Familiarity with project management tools (for instance, Airtable, Trello or JIRA)
• Preferred: familiarity with Google Analytics, Ahrefs, and other SEO tools
• Obsessed with ensuring an exceptional customer experience- for both internal and external customers.
• Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
• Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver.
• Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful.
• Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to be tenacious and never settle.
• Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focuses on solving issues through teamwork, and collaboration
• Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
• Relentless in their pursuit of success and possessing the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities
Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
Start Date to Start Date +1 Year
Create and Maintain Site Content
• Become proficient at using the content management system (CMS)
• Address brand requests within two business days of receiving request
• Create and assign writing assignments for brand profiles in a timely matter (no more than 1 week behind request)
Implement Data-driven Content
• Standardize data values across each category
• Input data from collection tools into content management system
• Implement dynamic features from data collection into published content
Maintain ConsumerAffairs’ Social Media Presence
• Partner and execute across social media, digital PR, and content teams
Execute Administrative Projects
• Rapid completion of projects requested by Content Operations Manager and content leadership
Raise The Bar
• We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
Win As A Team
• We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
Care Above All Else
• We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
• Location: Remote/ Tulsa
• Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
• Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
• This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
• Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
• Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
• Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
• Short Term & Long Term Disability
• Training & Development
• Work From Home
• Free Food & Snacks
• Stock Option Plan
Benefits of working as a Editorial Assistant in Tulsa, OK:
● Excellent benefits
● Company offers career progression opportunities
● Advantageous package
● Remote Work opportunity
New York NY USA
Jobs in New York NY United States
Editorial Assistant - Urgent Role New York jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.