Taylor & Francis Group
Taylor & Francis Group Philadelphia PA United States
2 months ago
We are looking to hire anEditorial Assistant working on ourEducation list. This is an exciting opportunity to gain a thorough introduction to the process of book publishing and work on a range of books, including academic textbooks, scholarly books, andprofessional books for teachers and school leaders.Submission of a cover letter preferred.
What you'll be doing...
• Preparing manuscripts for production
• Arranging the peer review of new book proposals
• Liaising with authors, series editors, and reviewers
• Administrating contracts, reviewer payments, and gratis copies
• Writing blurbs for books and the website
• Data maintenance for books
• General administration for the list
What we're looking for:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage a varied workload
• Energy and enthusiasm to contribute to a busy working environment
• Ability to demonstrate sound commercial awareness and commitment to a career in publishing
• An interest in the subject and previous publishing experience would be an advantage
What you should know:
• Closing date for applications: March 27, 2023
• This role falls under a balanced working model combining both, in office and remote working with the expectation to work on site minimum 20 days annually
• Candidates have the option towork fromour Philadelphia, PA, Boca Raton, FL, or New York, NY offices
• FLSA status: Non-exempt
• You must reside in and have the right to work in the US
What we offer in return:
• Hourly rate of $19.17 - $22.04 (~$35,892-$40,106 annually) commensurate with experience and geographic location
• An excellent work/life balance with a fantastic, flexible working culture
• Paid sick time
• 15 days annual leave per year plus an extra day off for your birthday
• Paid leave for significant life events (e.g. moving, marriage, etc.)
• 3 additional discretionary days for Christmas each year
• Up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave
• Medical, vision, and dental benefits
• 4 volunteer days per year
• 401(k) + employer match
• Seasonal social and charitable events
• Continuous training and development
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing, and flexible working. You will be joining a thriving business, working alongside an exceptional group of people. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Training And Professional Development:
We’re passionate about ensuring you have all the tools and resources at your fingertips to reach your short and long-term career goals. We’ll support you in your journey by working together on your own bespoke Taylor & Francis Development Plan, ensuring you have the resources, tools, support and coaching that will get you where you want to be.
Once you have submitted your application, we may get in touch with you for an initial screening conversation or ask you to complete a short video interview to enable us to better understand your skills, experience, and motivation. Following this, you will be invited to attend a competency-based interview, either virtually or in person. Typically, we’d then finish the interview process with a final, 2nd stage interview before extending an offer to the successful applicant.
We want all our candidates to shine in our recruitment process. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to ensure you are able to show us your best self. This could include having the application form in a different format, more time for questions, or anything else – please ask us, we are happy to be flexible! Please contact [email protected]
Being ‘you’ at Taylor and Francis:
Here at Taylor & Francis, we know that many times the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can feel discouraged about applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. We encourage you to apply if you're excited about working for us and have some of the skills or experience we're looking for. We believe in the notion that many skills and experiences are transferrable, and you could be just what we need! Taylor & Francis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly believe in the value of diversity of people and thought. We strive to foster a supportive and inclusive environment where our colleagues can learn, develop, and succeed, all while feeling comfortable with being their true self. We embrace all walks of life regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic under local law.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site:http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Or better yet check out our LinkedIn ‘Life’ Page, highlighting our accomplishments, employees, and company culture. It’s also a good way of meeting our recruitment team, who will be happy to advise you on your journey here at T&F.
Philadelphia PA USA
Jobs in Philadelphia PA United States
Editorial Assistant (Education) Philadelphia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.