Pnrstatusirctc Burlington Canada
2 months ago
Intern, Video Services (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Wireless Networking Student) Full Job Description
Our culture uplifts you – there's no ego in the way.Our common goal?We all want to win for our customers.We aim to be always evolving, dynamic and ambitious.We believe in the power of authentic connections.Every employee is part of what makes us unique on the march é: agile and dedicated.
Intern (Fixed term) (Intern)
Job Description :
Intern, Video Services (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Wireless Networking Student)
POSITION SUMMARY : Support the Video Operations and Deployment team by setting up test environments that simulate our customers' homes and certifying the latest consumer video services which include Internet / Wi-Fi routers.
• Create and execute tests of legacy and ITPV video products to be deployed en-masse to Cogeco customers
• Work in a small and dynamic Engineering team
• Setup test environments that... simulate our customer's homes including home automation equipment
• Ensure firmware and configuration changes are tested in a production-like environment prior to rolling out changes to our customers.
• Develop automation of test environments that simulate real-world usage of video services
• Document the lab environment in wikis and Google Docs including physical equipment, labeling, software versions
• Closely track tests performed, test results, and summarize test activities
• Demonstrate the environment to other staff members
• Have fun
• Currently in 2nd or higher year ofpost-graduate program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Wireless Networking
• Engineering or software work experience extremely beneficial
• Project work with small teams
• Strong aptitude for technology with a positive and inquisitive attitude
• Solid understanding of and interest in Computers, Internet, IP Networking
• Experience with IFTTT, Amazon Echo, Google Home, other home automation technologies
• Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail
• Must be quality and customer focused
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and yet generate specific outcomes
• Experience using Google suite of tools (Docs, Drive, Sheets)
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written, and listening). Ability to communicate in English (both oral and written) is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently – including the ability to balance conflicting priorities, while still delivering on time.
• General understanding of broadband, telecom, cable and internet industries is an asset.
"Join our dynamic team for a thrilling internship experience As a valued member of our organization, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting projects, develop new skills, and network with industry leaders. This is a rare chance to gain hands-on experience, apply your knowledge, and grow professionally in a supportive and inclusive environment. In our program, you'll benefit from:
• Flexibility: We understand and support the importance you place on your studies. From home, to the office.
• Networking: Your colleagues across business units will help you sharpen your skills and competencies and help you build the network of your future career;
• Mentoring: Coaching and meetings with management teams are planned to allow you to evolve in our corporate culture.
Cogeco Connexion Inc
At Cogeco, we know that different backgrounds, perspectives and beliefs can bring invaluable value to our business.This diversity strengthens our ability to imagine, innovate and grow as a company.We are therefore committed to doing everything in our power to create a more diverse and inclusive community of belonging.
By creating a culture where all of our colleagues can perform at their best at work, we are doing our part to build a more equitable workplace and world.From professional development to personal safety, Cogeco constantly strives to create an environment that welcomes and enriches everyone.We make the health and well-being of our colleagues one of our highest priorities because we know that engaged and valued employees mean a better overall experience for our customers
Computer Science Engineering Jobs in Canada Burlington jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.