King George V School - ESF
King George V School - ESF Hong Kong Hong Kong
2 months ago
At King George V School (KGV), our purpose is based on our belief that each and every student can ‘be their own remarkable….’ This drives our vision to create a ‘school for one’, a place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be.
Our school is also about continual improvement. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead. KGV School is part of the English Schools Foundation (ESF), the largest provider of English-medium international education in Hong Kong. Our school delivers the IB Middle Years Programme (MYP) in years 7 to 9 and the (I)GCSE in years 10 and 11, after which our students progress to study either the IB Diploma Program or the more vocationally oriented BTEC applied learning program 12 and 13.
The position will be a full-time 2-year finite contract from August 2023 to August 2025.
• Bachelor's Degree... preferably with some relevance to Media or Film, plus a recognised Postgraduate teaching qualification or equivalent.
• Teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation.
• Teaching experience and/or capacity in various media courses at all levels from Year 7 to Year 13. Courses covered at KGV are MYP media, L2 and L3 BTEC Creative Media and IB Film
• These courses require familiarity with film equipment and design and editing software. Students have PC laptops and access to Adobe Suite. The department is well-equipped in terms of studio space, technical support and equipment
• Experience and ability to use data on student learning to modify curriculum, teaching and assessment provision.
• Effective interpersonal skills and ability to form positive relationships with students, staff and parents.
• Contribute strongly to the Media Studies Department Professional Learning Teams collaboration, which focuses on improving student learning.
• Monitor the impact of teaching strategies through collaborative enquiry and data-informed conversations.
• Ability to lead or support extra-curricular activities as part of the whole-school CAS programme and attend school functions as a representative of the school leadership team.
Closing date: 27 March 2023
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity. ESF will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by local laws or regulations.
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
At ESF King George V School (KGV), our purpose is based on our belief that every student can ‘be their own remarkable…’ as they achieve, improve and learn. Our vision is to create a ‘school for one’. A place where each and every person engages in remarkable learning to achieve at high levels and be the best they can be.
Our school is also about continual improvement. As an agile school, we collaborate and innovate to make a difference in the communities we serve and lead.
The school is well known for its commitment to developing all aspects of student life and it has a fine tradition in sport, music, drama, dance, community service, charity work and environmental sustainability. Our school has a very strong House system, which is run and inspired by our students and provides a wide range of learning opportunities and activities.
Teacher of Media Studies - King George V School Hong Kong jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.