ManTech Eglin AFB FL United States
2 months ago
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented... Network Systems Administrator II to join the team at Eglin AFB, FL.
Network/System Administrator II
The primary function will be to organize, install, and support government organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. This will also include helping architect, design and analyze network models. It will require participation in decisions about buying future hardware or software to upgrade organization’s infrastructure. This position might be called upon to provide technical support to computer users to help solve users’ problems. This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day” support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance Shall Include
• Ability to operate under minimal supervision
• Execute day to day management and operations of systems and networks
• Manage COTS & GOTS products to collect, display and remediate a variety of automated system security and system operations/performance functions and metrics
• Follow Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
• Operate monitoring tools/capabilities with the enterprise security information and event management (SIEM) and create/tailor complex event alarms/rules and summary reports
• Assist in analyzing technical risk, upon request, of emerging cybersecurity tools and processes
• Work as part of a security incident response team as needed
• Working technical competency in one or more of the following supported platforms: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers, MS Hyper-V/VMWare/ESx/Xen Hypervisors, Enterprise networking/firewalls/intrusion detection/prevention systems, forensic analysis/vulnerability assessment, Group Policy management and configuration, Scripting, BMC Footprints, WSUS, , Lumension, Bitlocker, SQL Server 2012, TomCat, IIS, Windows Server 2012r2/2016, Win 10, Red Hat 6.5, Microsoft Office
• Toolkits, SEIMs, Logrhythm, ACAS/Nessus/SCAP, mandatory/role-based access control concepts (e. g. SE Linux extensions to RHEL, PitBull, AppArmor, and Sentris) , video teleconferencing/VOIP, Oracle/MS SQL database security, and Apache/IIS Web server security
• 3+ years related experience required
• Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years) required
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level II within 6 months of the date of hire
• Current TS/SCI
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Exchange Server, and as needed RHEL operating systems administration and associated hardware
• Working knowledge of CISCO network and switching and virtualization technologies
• Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies
• Working knowledge communication security (COMSEC) policies and integration
• Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to assessments and authorization
• Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL2 and PL3 network environments/systems
• Experience providing technical support in a customer service role
• Experience applying industry standards and best practices in an enterprise-level Windows system environment.
• Experience solving technical problems quickly and identifying opportunities to automate repetitive processes.
• Working knowledge of WSUS and/or YUM patch deployment methodologies
• Must be familiar with DoD policy as it applies to implementing and executing system and network administration
• Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
• Frequently communicates with co-workers, management, and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click c[email protected] and provide your name and contact information
Eglin AFB FL USA
Jobs in Eglin AFB FL United States
Network/Systems Administrator Eglin AFB jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.