IBM Chantilly VA United States
2 months ago
System Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with IBM, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of, and access to, our most important resource: data.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The IBM Chief Information Officer (CIO) organization is looking for a System & Network Administrator who possesses a TOP SECRET/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance with the US Department of Defense or US Intelligence Community to join us within the Cybersecurity Assurance domain. In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager for CIO SCIF Management and serve on the technical staff for managing the cybersecurity and compliance of classified systems and networks supporting clients in the DC, Maryland, and North Virginia (DMV) area.
The CIO Cybersecurity Assurance organization delivers robust and modern services that provide data-driven and risk-informed security with empathy. We partner with our internal customers, understand how to balance business demand and security requirements, and find ways to assist the CIO to fulfill its mission and protect IBM systems, data, and clients.
Key Attributes To Be Successful In This Role
• You thrive on collaboration, working side by side with people of all backgrounds and disciplines.
• You are great at solving problems, as well as being proactive to avoid problems before they occur.
• You are eager to make an impact and support projects that affect IBM across our global enterprise.
• You have a sense of ownership/diligence when given projects to ensure that deadlines are met.
• You work with extended teams to determine infrastructure requirements and make architectural recommendations.
• You make recommendations for future system upgrades and implement them.
• You initiate new responsibilities and help to plan for the future of the site/network.
Skills & Experience that you possess:
• Ability to work closely with Information System Security Officer (ISSO) on system hardening, patching and STIG implementation to correct/mitigate vulnerabilities and resolve POA&M issues as required to maintain (Authority to Operate) ATO compliance.
• Experience performing workstation setup/configuration image and changes.
• Ability to ensure that the design of an organization’s computer system allows all the components, including computers, the network, and software, to work properly together.
• Experience setting up, configuring, and maintaining enterprise Backup/recovery/DNS/DC and middleware systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot IT related issues reported by users.
• Experience creating, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Must possess a current Top Secret/SCI clearance/access and eligibility for additional accesses as may be required
• Extensive experience in system & network administration
• Foundational technical certifications such as CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+, and/or platform specific certifications for Windows, Linux, or similar
• Ability to define, develop, and lead large programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Experience installing and configuring software, hardware, and networks including OS updates, patches, and configuration changes
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
• Experience in configuring/managing firewalls, router & switches, COMSEC equipment
• Ability to perform database administration duties in Mongo/SQL/equivalent
• Ability to troubleshoot any network/server reported problems including virus attacks/remediation/containment/reporting
• Experience monitoring and adjusting the performance of existing networks and continually survey the current computer site to determine future network needs
• Experience designing and implementing changes or updates for client networks, network segments, and internet and intranet systems
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
Your Life @ IBM
In a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program. Eligible employees may have access to:
• Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
• Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
• Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
• Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
• Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Chantilly VA USA
Jobs in Chantilly VA United States
System & Network Administrator - TS/SCI Clearance Chantilly jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.