Addison Group Houston TX United States
2 months ago
Job Title: System Administrator
Office Status / Location: Fully Onsite / Houston, TX...
The Systems Administrator is responsible for handling onsite/remote support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. Technologies covered include workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software. Systems Administrator is also responsible for processing user access requests and reporting on user system access to core systems that affect financial reporting. The Systems Administrator is responsible for adhering to all safety and quality policies.
• High School Diploma
• A+, Network+, or similar industry certificates are a preferred
• 4 years of IT or related experience.
• Familiarity with technologies such as: Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft applications specifically Excel, Virtualization technologies (VMware), Microsoft Office 365 administration
• Understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
• Familiarity with compliance and the need for policies and procedures
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
Key Responsibilities / Essential Functions Of The Position
• Provide IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Office 365 SharePoint, etc.
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
• Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
• User admin management in core applications.
• Communication with application business owners concerning access to core systems.
• Manage periodic reviews of system access.
• System documentation maintenance and recommendations.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incidental progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction by providing a Fast turnaround of customer requests.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Work with third party vendors for escalation of issues
• Enter all work as service tickets.
• Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme outside temperatures and Industrial hygiene regulated activities identified as potentially actionable according to OSHA standards. Including Hearing Conservation, Respiratory Protection and HAZCOM programs. Procedures are developed at each facility to minimize all risks and hazards through control measures.
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX United States
System Administrator Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.