Hamilton Recruitment Hamilton Bermuda
2 months ago
FINANCE ANALYST – LIFE REINSURANCE – BERMUDA – ONLY 9% TAX – HR309
About this opportunity
Our client is a rapidly emerging player in the Life insurance industry. They provide competitive protection, supplemental, and asset accumulation products in addition to having a successful track record of acquiring companies and blocks of business, which continue to contribute significantly to their growth. They are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Finance Analyst.
The Finance Analyst will report to the Director, Finance and will take initiative to help build out processes and create efficiencies as the company grows.
• Process day-to-day reinsurance accounting entries, including being responsible for the quality and consistency of the entries
• Perform reconciliations of reinsurance data and reconcile/resolve any accounting issues with cedants
• Process day-to-day accounting entries with the general ledger including balances such as but not limited to cash... accounts payable and accruals
• Process, manage and reconcile payments through operational bank accounts
• Preparing in monthly and quarterly general ledger close activities, including but not limited to preparing journal entries, data analysis and various reconciliations
• Work together with finance team department members to produce quarterly board reporting documents
• Assisting in coordinating statutory accounting filings with Bermuda regulators, GAAP financial statements and related audits and external reports to rating agencies
• Assisting, where necessary, with ad-hoc requests pertaining to the entity
• Developing and implementing process controls
What you’ll need
• Qualified accountant with an internationally recognized designation
• Relevant (re)insurance experience; Life (re)insurance experience preferred
• 2 years of experience within a public accounting firm
• Strong level of Microsoft Excel, data analysis and critical thinking
• Internal controls and SOX experience is a plus
• Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
• Ability to work some overtime during busy periods and meet tight deadlines
How to apply
• To apply, attach your résumé or include a link to your LinkedIn profile
• If you don't provide one of the above, we can't progress your application
In the event that you are not shortlisted for this particular vacancy, your details will be held on file and considered for other relevant opportunities.
Our clients are equal opportunity employers and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you believe you deserve an exceptional career, together we’ll help make it happen
HR309: Finance Analyst | Bermuda Hamilton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.