Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority
Southern Nevada Regional Housing Authority Las Vegas NV United States
2 months ago
Position title: information technology manager
External/ internal posting...
Announcement no.: 23-015
Southern nevada regional housing authority
Department: information technology opening date: thursday, 16, 2023
Salary range: $76,918 - $122,907 per annum closing date: until filled
Pre-employment drug testing & background check required: satisfactory results of the pre-employment drug test and background check are required. Marijuana is on the restricted list under federal guidelines even though it is legal in nevada. Snrha is a federally funded employer.
under direct supervision of the chief administrative officer (cao), this position manages the daily operations of information systems and related technologies, computerization, data processing, and call center functions of the southern nevada regional housing authority. Employees in this classification perform professional and supervisory-level work. Performs day-to-day management of professionals and/or skilled support staff; becomes actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems.
The incumbent will be innovative and possess the ability to lead a diverse team with varying skills and responsibilities. The duties listed below illustrate the various types of work performed. The omission of specific statements regarding duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment in association with this position.
Supervision exercised: exercises supervision over professional, technical, and clerical staff.
Essential job functions/duties: primary essential job functions are listed in “bold.”
• plan, organize, direct, control, prioritize, assign, supervise, and review the work of staff responsible for the information technology department, maintain department records, assign and monitor workloads, and be the final decision maker on matters of significance for the department/work group.
• exercise discretion and independent judgment involving the comparison and the evaluation of possible courses of conduct and acting or deciding after various possibilities have been considered.
• formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices, including having the authority to waive or deviate from established policies and procedures without prior approval.
• perform work that affects business operations to a substantial degree,
• carry out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business; as an agent of the authority, commit the authority in matters that have a significant financial impact.
• plan, manage, and is accountable for the department budget, including participating in the coordination of assigned program budget; submit budget recommendations; monitor expenditures in accordance with housing authority’s policy and procedures.
• interview and select staff: provide and/or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures in accordance with housing authority’s policy and procedures, including handling employee grievances or complaints including disciplining employees.
• engage in high-level consulting and/or mentoring, including providing guidance or advisement concerning implications on courses of action and merits of one or more strategies in comparison to others.
• prepare various reports on department operations and activities.
• ensure staff follows applicable state and federal regulations and housing authority policies.
• provide overall supervision and leadership over it & call center staff.
applicants must possess the experience and education defined below which has equipped them with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position.
five (5) years of previous experience and/or training that includes data processing operations, one (1) year of which is in a
Supervisory capacity and one (1) year in an information systems environment within a public housing authority
bachelor’s degree in information systems, business or public administration, or a closely related field; advanced degree preferred
• knowledge of lan/wan-based systems; current practices and development in the field of information systems and technology.
• knowledge of job planning, budgeting, prioritizing, and scheduling techniques; organizational methods and basic record-keeping practices.
• knowledge of operations and activities of public housing authorities.
• knowledge of standard documentation practices and procedural report writing.
• ability to apply common sense, understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions, and deal with problems involving a few variables in atypical situations.
• ability to read and interpret complex technical materials.
Computer skills required include: yardi, windows applications; m/s office suite, visio, adobe acrobat, photo and video editing software
Las Vegas NV USA
Jobs in Las Vegas NV United States
Information Technology Manager Las Vegas jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.