MAPFRE Singapore Singapore
2 months ago
MAPFRE RE is one of the Top 20 Global Reinsurers in the world as well as being the professional Reinsurance Arm of the MAPFRE Group.
We are present in 19 offices throughout the globe with business portfolio with clients from more than 100 countries worldwide.
We provide reinsurance-related services and capacity, through all kinds of Treaty and Facultative reinsurance solutions and for all lines of businesses, both Life and Non-Life.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, qualified and an ambitious professional to assume the position of an Underwriter, Casualty Lines (Facultative & Treaty, with heavier focus on Facultative) for the APAC region. Successful candidate will be based in Singapore.
In this position, you will be responsible for devising and executing a winning Business Strategies to profitably develop our portfolio in line with the Underwriting Authorities and Client Strategies set out by the Management.
You will also have a chance to develop a... diverse career path whilst cultivating new revenue opportunities in the APAC region for, and with, MAPFRE RE.
• Handling client relations, identifying and developing new business potential and new clients in collaboration with various operations of MAPFRE RE within the APAC region.
• Clearly and positively articulating the necessary proposition and risk appetite internally and externally.
• Anticipate client needs, monitor trends in order to recommend changes and work with business partners to provide solutions.
• Contributing to the wider development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on own knowledge, understanding and interpretation of local markets and competitors.
• Ability to participate in the planning, delivery and execution of wider business strategies of the APAC region.
• Supporting the Head Office and Line of Business Leaders in the development and regular review of risk appetite for existing and new products.
• Managing timely and efficient review of quotes that are requested by brokers/clients.
• Ensuring proper documentation of pricing review done and underwriting decisions made.
• Punctual and Complete fulfilment of internal protocols, tools and systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Law, Actuarial Science, Economics or similar.
• Minimum experience in (Re)insurance of 6 years - with competency in General Liability is a must, and prior experience in other Lines of Businesses will be considered
• Experience in other Specialty Lines will be positively considered (e.g. Marine & Energy, Agriculture etc.)
• First-hand experience with the Northern Asian markets is a must, prior business exposure to other countries within the wider APAC market would be considered a plus.
• Excellent organization and communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as an ability and willingness to work cross-functionally.
• Excellent technical and analytical skills, logical and concise in approach and demonstrate attention to detail.
• A pragmatic approach to business pressure and agility are essential.
• Self-motivated and able to work within a collaborative environment.
• Dedicated APAC regional experience and networks will be preferred
underwriter, casualty, facultative Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.