Tetra Tech, Inc.
Tetra Tech, Inc. Boise ID United States
2 months ago
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you... are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Tetra Tech's commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them thrive professionally is stronger than ever. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and experienced Ecological Monitoring Field Crew Members (Field Soil Scientists) to work on a two-to-three-person field crew conducting vegetation and/or soils monitoring for the BLM (Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring [AIM]) throughout the Owyhee Field Office (OFO) in southern Idaho and/or the Black Rock Field Office (BRFO) in northern Nevada. Opportunities to assist Tetra Tech staff on other projects throughout the western United States may occur before or after the AIM field season. Field crews will be based in Boise, Idaho.
The primary responsibilities will be to conduct BLM terrestrial AIM core and supplemental field methods on a two-to-three-person crew. Monitoring will follow established BLM protocols and training will be provided. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience and work with a variety of BLM and Tetra Tech natural resource employees. Relocation expenses to Boise are not provided. Travel from Boise to the job site is included in your work and hourly duties.
Secondary responsibilities for experienced applicants may include rare plant and noxious weed surveys in Idaho, Oregon, Colorado, Wyoming, and Nebraska. Should this opportunity arise, travel expenses (airfare, hotels, per diem) to and from these project sites will be reimbursed.
The employee is expected to work on AIM projects 75-100% of the time and additional secondary opportunities/responsibilities as needed. Overtime opportunities (time and a half pay) may be available during secondary opportunities.
Work is expected to begin as early as April and may extend as late as November. Applicants not available for this entire time frame are encouraged to apply.
This position requires extensive travel in remote areas, often without cellular service, during the full field season. The primary field hitches are typically eight 10-hour days, Tuesday to Tuesday, with six days off between hitches. The hitch schedule may be modified around Tetra Tech observed federal holidays and project needs. Longer hitches may be required for the secondary responsibilities. Camping is required during each of the eight-day field hitches. Group camping equipment will be provided, such as a cooler, stove, propane, general cook kits, and basic first aid and safety equipment. Personal field equipment is the responsibility of the employee (i.e., sleeping bag, sleeping pad, tent, field pack, water bottles, sturdy hiking boots and appropriate clothing). Tetra Tech will provide electronic field data collection tablets, laptops, a GPS check-in device, and charging stations.
Total compensation is approximately $24-$25/hour commensurate with experience (base hourly rate of $19- $20/hour plus $50 un-taxed daily per diem) plus additional holiday pay.
• Bachelor's degree in geology, environmental studies, ecology, rangeland sciences, or related field, or working toward this type of degree.
• A background of coursework and/or experience in geology, soils and conducting field work is important.
• Attention to detail ability to work independently, willingness to work as part of team, and the ability to stay positive and effective during long days in the field are critical.
• Applicants must be willing to work in sometimes difficult conditions, and often miles from the vehicle.
• The successful applicant will be safety conscience, and continually assess ways to mitigate hazards.
• Positive attitude, willingness to learn, and enjoy working outdoors.
• Physical challenges typically encountered may include long off trail hikes, steep slopes, extreme hot and cold conditions, and biological hazards (animals and plants).
• Experience driving a four-wheel drive pickup truck on rough terrain.
• Applicant must possess up-to-date CPR/First Aid training.
• Must pass a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with state law.
• Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record without restrictions.
• Knowledge of rangeland ecosystems and soils.
• Experience navigating with topographic map and GPS.
• Ability to use standard office software (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
• Experience digging soil pits and interpreting soil horizons.
• Experience with electronic field data collection devices and software (GPS units, handheld tablets, Avenza, and ESRI's Field Maps/Survey123).
• Training and experience with UTVs and trailers.
• Wilderness First Aid a plus.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Has ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing 35 lbs. and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including off-trail hiking, and standing on rugged terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
• Performs manual labor including excavation with shovels when digging a soil pit for soil monitoring.
• Availability to work extended field rotations (predominantly eight-day hitches but sometimes 10-12 days at a time).
Boise is a mid-sized city in southwestern Idaho and the capitol of the state. Outdoor recreation in the area is plentiful and includes river sports, rock climbing, hunting, mountain biking, fishing, hiking, camping and backpacking. Mountain biking and hiking trails start right outside town. The hitch-based schedule allows for ample time to explore the abundant natural areas (both mountains and deserts) throughout Idaho including the Boise Front, Sawtooth Mountains, Payette River, and more. Boise has a thriving downtown core with many high-quality restaurants and entertainment options.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech's employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities as well as project requirements.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 470 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-22,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies
Boise ID USA
Jobs in Boise ID United States
Ecological Monitoring Field Crew Members (Field Soil Scientist) Boise jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.