Queensland Government Townsville QLD Australia
2 months ago
Position status Permanent Position type Full-time Occupational group Health - Nursing Classification Nurse Grade 5 Workplace Location Townsville region Job ad reference QLD/TV477158 Closing date 27-Mar-2023 Yearly salary Fortnightly salary Total remuneration Salary Other Job duration Permanent full-time Contact person Nicole Purcell Contact details 07 4787 5200
Access the National Relay Service
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity:
The Charters Towers Rehabilitation Unit is currently seeking to recruit to their team a Registered Nurse, on a permanent full-time basis.
Charters Towers Rehabilitation Unit provides opportunity and support for consumers to regain independence managing their mental illness in the community.
Registered nurses work within a multidisciplinary recovery framework, provide mental health nursing practice consistent with... the philosophy, goals and objectives of the mental health service, to ensure the provision of best practice and quality patient care.
This role is diverse and requires nursing staff to provide nursing care for consumers with a mental health as well as support to manage chronic disease, wound management, and recovery from substance use disorders.
Generous remuneration package value up to $113,391 p.a. comprising:
• Salary range of $2961.10 to $3798.10 p.f. (NG5)
• Annual leave with 17.5% loading
• 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
• It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
• Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
• Highly Desirable:
• Credentialed status (or willingness to undertake and complete the requirements) with the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses.
• Possession of or working towards a relevant post-registration and/or tertiary qualifications in mental health nursing.
• While not mandatory, eligibility for appointment as an Authorised Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) under the Mental Health Act 2016.
• Possession of class C drivers' licence.
• Ongoing professional development relevant to the delivery of specialist Mental Health Services (MHSG) to maintain appropriate registration and/or association requirements.
• This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
• All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
• Shift Work: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, which will include participation in an on-call roster.
• Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Charters Towers is one of the most beautiful inland cities in Queensland, with its unrivalled architecture and unique history, Charters Towers is a surprising pleasure and a delight to live in and visit. Take a step back in time and discover this enchanting outback town which is just an hour and a half west of Townsville. Driving through the streets of Charters Towers is like viewing a living montage of Australian history and heritage.
Discover Charters Towers!
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Contact: Nicole Purcell on 07 4787 5200
Townsville QLD Australia
Jobs in Townsville QLD Australia
Registered Nurse (Charters Towers Rehabilitation Unit) Townsville QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.