Enliven Community Melbourne VIC Australia
2 months ago
Are you passionate about self-governance? Are you wanting to make a positive contribution to your community? Are you motivated to work with people with disability to shift the societal norms within the Disability Sector? Do you have a Community Services degree/diploma or relevant experience? Are you experienced in adult facilitation? If you answered yes to these questions, WE WANT YOU!
• Enliven Community is the not-for-profit educator, communicator, and collaborator, which gives advice and information to help NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) participants explore suitable housing options, and how they might wish to share their supports on site.
• Enliven Community’s mission is to “Improve housing options for people with a disability” by providing independent advice and resources for people with disability who are exploring housing options. Enabling participants to make independent and informed choices.
• We want to change the way people... think and talk about housing for people with disability by:
• Providing resources to people with disability and their families to understand their housing needs and identify approaches that will ensure that their pathway is consistent with broader community standards, and participant outcomes reflect their needs and wants.
• Facilitating community cooperatives which are governed by the participants.
• Supporting sustaining tenancies
• Supporting housing transitions
Enliven Community has received funding to run a Pilot project – testing our theory that with the right support, people with disability sharing a house or sharing supports or both, can maximise opportunities to exercise choice and control. We do this through Community Cooperatives. The Cooperative is the governance vehicle that brings tenants together and provides a formal structure for decisions to be made. The Community Cooperatives are supported by independent facilitators, whose role is to ensure that all voices are heard, and members are involved in all decisions. This is a capacity building and community development role. We are piloting the role of facilitators to support this role and the Cooperative more broadly.
As a Community Cooperative Facilitator, you will act as a community leader through facilitating individual and group sessions for with people with disability. You will have a strong commitment to improving the lives of people with disability, and a thorough understanding of the NDIS. You will be responsible for facilitating, documenting, leading, and developing current Community Cooperative structures to have a minimum of 8 Cooperatives operational by the end of 2023-2024 financial year.
• Schedule regular Community Cooperative meetings as per the schedule required for each location
• Facilitate all required sessions within the allocated schedule for each community cooperative, and ensure appropriate reporting is completed for each session
• Work directly with people with disability to understand requirements, and determine if the community cooperative is the best option for them
• Work closely with each on-site provider to educate and support them, to ensure the cooperative’s long-term satisfaction with supports and housing.
• Develop relevant collateral, specific to the cooperatives, tailored for a range of stakeholders
• Work as part of multiple teams, including the project team for the pilot and existing properties
• Report back to the National Community Cooperative Manager on a weekly basis with progress reports
• Undertake analysis or costings for on-site supports using the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency) pricing arrangements
• Relevant community services degree/diploma, and/or equivalent professional experience
• At least three years disability housing or Supported Independent Living experience in community services or a related field
• Well-developed communication and negotiation skills and the ability to develop stakeholder relationships
• Demonstrated social awareness and a commitment to improving outcomes for vulnerable and disadvantaged tenant groups through leading community and tenant engagement strategies
• Current NDIS Worker Check or Eligibility to pass the NDIS worker screening which involves Police checks across multiple state jurisdictions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
This role is committed to inspiring a high-performance culture amongst the people you will support, you will need:
• VITAL: Excellent customer service, ability to prioritise and negotiate
• VITAL: Strong facilitation skills with the ability to manage groups of approximately 15 people
• VITAL: High proficiency in English written and spoken
• VITAL: Strong commitment to meeting deadlines and achieving results
• VITAL: Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite
• VITAL: Comprehensive understanding of the NDIS and its pricing arrangements
• DESIRED: Current driver’s licence (any state/territory).
• DESIRED: Person with a disability/Lived experience or Working Experience in the disability sector.
This role will be based in Melbourne, Victoria, however when required, you may work from a different location.
Standard office hours are required and from time to time there can be some tasks, travel or meetings that occur outside of normal business hours.
Travel will be required in the role, as it is across states.
• Standard inclusions include a laptop and a phone.
• Salary 75-85k, plus super
• Generous salary packaging options available.
To learn more about the Community Cooperative and what it stands for, please visit https://enlivencommunity.org.au/community-cooperative/
Applications Close Friday 31st March 2023. Please note that interviews will commence as soon as suitable candidates are identified, so do not delay your application
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
Community Cooperative Facilitator VIC and SA Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.