S&P Global Paris France
2 months ago
Downstream Research Analyst
S&P Global Commodity Insights
The Role: Downstream Research Analyst
The Team: Within the Fuels and Refining division, w e provide insight on the industry and market fundamentals of refining crude oil and marketing refined products - including supply/demand balances, trade, prices, capacities and infrastructure. We forecast product balances and benchmark refining margins, details for national markets around the world as well as guidance on what is an anomaly, and what is a fundamental shift in the market.
This downstream research team consists of a group of analysts covering Europe, CIS, Africa, and the Middle East, and working with global teams across S&P Global Commodity Insights.
S&P Global Commodity Insights provides data, strategic research and analysis across the oil, midstream, downstream and chemical markets so our clients can make critical decisions with confidence. Energy, chemical players and financial institutions rely on us to... better understand market, company and economic behaviour to adjust their business strategy. Our data and research ranges from near/long term outlooks, competitive benchmark, market analysis and technology assessments.
What's in it for you:
This role offers opportunities to develop deep a knowledge of the downstream energy sector, to work across teams and to build capacity in client-facing work via market briefing opportunities and support of the commercial team. The team is very international and diverse, and the role involves working with colleagues all over the world. Good g rowth opportunities are available, both vertically into leadership roles, and horizontally, as S&P Global brings together the deepest intelligence across the widest set of capital-intensive industries and markets.
• Maintenance of oil-related data and information, proactively search for new data and information sources.
• Interpreting technical information and share insights and understanding
• Supporting subscription and consulting activities by producing deadline-driven, quick-turnaround analysis and research on the downstream markets in EMEA and on the companies operating within them
• Growing into a role in supervising work processes and contributing to developing the research agenda
• Opportunities to develop our body of knowledge on different themes such as biofuels, EU environmental policy relating to the downstream oil industry, carbon policies of oil companies, etc.
• Contributing to consulting projects as required by business needs: develop analysis in support of the project, contribute to market fundamentals and high-level financial modelling, and support delivery of high-quality client-specific projects. What We're Looking For:
• Mother-tongue level of English, good written and verbal presentation skills
• Proficiency in European languages a major plus
• Strong and demonstrable numeracy and quantitative analysis skills
• Excellent Excel skills and proficiency with other MS applications required (Word and Powerpoint)
• The ability to work to deadlines and prioritize a complex workload
• Some knowledge of the energy industry, in particular oil refining and distribution, is preferred - an enthusiastic interest in the industry is required
• Strong analytical and quality control skills
• Precision and obsession with detail
• Authorization to work in application location necessary Flexible Working
We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can.
Grade/Level ( relevant for internal applicants only ): Associate 8.
The Location: Paris, France or London, UK.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape.
S&P Global Commodity Insights enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning)
Job ID: 283051
Posted On: 2023-03-18
Location: Paris, France
Downstream Research Analyst Paris jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.