HCA London United Kingdom
2 months ago
Fantastic opportunity to join the Portland Hospital as a PICU Senior Staff Nurse.
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the No 1 private hospital in the UK, entirely dedicated to women and children.
As a Senior Staff Nurse in our Paediatric Intensive Care unit, working at The Portland Hospital for Women & Children you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children. You will need to develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multidiscipline. you will need to be able to communicate effectively. As a senior nurse, you will also be accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area, supervising staff and acting as a role model for the team, mentoring and supervising junior members of staff.
PICU Senior Staff Nurse... (Band 6)
Location: The Portland Hospital, Great Portland Street, London
Hours: 37.5hrs PW (shifts: Long days, Nights & Weekends)
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience & skills + Benefits (pension, health cover, flexible benefits and excellent career development)
• Additional £3,000 on your salary per annum as per PICU qualification. AND For a limited time, we are offering a £10,000 welcome bonus to nurses that successfully join the team (T&Cs apply).
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse
• Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
• Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
• Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
• Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training
• Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills & Experience:
• NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN) with immediate paediatric life support
• Post Graduate experience working in a PICU setting
• Understanding of Safeguarding issues
• Teaching and mentoring experience desirable
• Completion of a PICU Course that is equivalent to 60 credits
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
• Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
We are proud to have developed a reputation as one of the world’s leading providers of private healthcare, specialising in Obstetrics (Maternity), Women's Health and Paediatrics. We work with over 200 leading consultants from across the world, providing world class service to our customers.
The Paediatric Intensive Care Unit has been operational since November 2011. We are a spacious, modern 14 bed unit and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced respiratory and organ support all of which is medically supported by our team of Consultant Paediatric Intensivists 24/7.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.
Senior Staff Nurse - PICU London jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.