Kiewit Burnaby Canada
2 months ago
Position Overview Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an opening for a dynamic Intermediate Structural Engineer in our Design Engineering Services (DES) Group. The ideal candidate will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the design process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing structural calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.District Overview Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets.
Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses... on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery. Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence. On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined.
Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
LocationThis position is based out of our Burnaby, BC office. Responsibilities• Assist in the preparation of designs for assigned structure(s) including research, system selection, analysis, and drawing preparation on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity. • Apply department and industry standards when preparing calculations, project drawings, and project specifications.
• Work effectively with the CAD/BIM team to produce design and construction drawings.• Incorporate the requirements of Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) contracts, customer Requests for Proposals (RFPs), professional service agreements, or other contractual requirements, ensuring the projects meet or exceed project goals.• Research new methods and adapt current processes and work-flows as necessary to successfully execute project deliverables.
• Attend project meetings and report progress on own and supervised tasks.• Coordinate with internal and external partners including other disciplines, construction, vendors, fabricator(s), and owners to address structural-related issues or concerns. • Reliably complete own and supervised tasks according to the agreed upon schedule.
• Prepare, monitor, and update project plans, schedules, and budgets (including staffing needs) for project management and department management.• Mentor, direct and review the work of entry-level employees for skills development, review progress and results, and provide direction and coaching as needed. • Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all project team members and stakeholders (internal and external to Kiewit).• Other tasks as assigned.Qualifications• At least 8 years’ experience in structural engineering analysis and design.
• Functional in utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and computer operations.• Knowledgeable in popular engineering software used to produce drawings/sketches (e.g.
, Autocad), perform finite element structural analysis (e.g., CSiBridge) and prepare engineering calculations (e.
g., Mathcad).• Experience with a range of bridge types (e.
g., slab-on-girder, truss, arch or cable-supported) and materials (e.g.
, steel, precast and cast-in-place concrete or composite construction) will be an asset. • Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in civil, structural or architectural engineering from an accredited four-year college or university program. The anticipated complexity of assignments will make a master’s or PhD degree an asset.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (or qualifications to become licensed imminently). #LI-LW1Other Requirements:• Regular, reliable attendance• Work productively and meet deadlines timely• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.We offer our full-time staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry. From top-tier health care programs to employee assistance programs and retirement planning, we aim to provide you with the tools you need to be successful in the areas of life that matter most to you
Senior Structural Engineer Burnaby jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.