Ubisoft Annecy France
2 months ago
Ubisoft’s 21 000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep and Riders Republic!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual... growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown
The Annecy studio is looking for a Game Designer for an unannounced project.
The mission will be:
• Designing and implementing NPCs with a focus on reactive, systemic, and emergent behaviors.
• Collaborating with AI programmers, character artists, and animators to realize detailed NPCs who appear to have a life of their own.
• Working directly in our game-engine, tweaking and iterating on your NPCs, and will help in defining what tools you need to work effectively and efficiently.
• Design and Document – Work with the lead designer develop fleshed out feature designs and complete thorough documentation for all assigned features.
• Take ownership of player character core mechanics, controls and character camera, makes a plan for how they should be used in game, and will work closely with Programming, Animation, Modeling and Level Design departments to drive development towards the vision laid out by the Lead Designer.
• Monetization/live ops / data analytics work experience is a plus
You’ve a proven background in one or more technically focused specialties: combat, AI, mission scripting, documentation, or level scripting, and you’re an enthusiastic communicator, easily receiving and offering feedback with your colleagues, leads and directors.
• MINIMUM 1 year of experience required in a similar position
• Experience on an online multiplayer project recommended
• Experience in AAA recommended
• Ability to model behavior and pattern in game situations
• Excellent knowledge of video games and online multiplayer and consumer-oriented vision
• Able to communicate and write in English
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
• Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
• Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
• Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
• Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development
Due to the summer period, our application processing time is longer than usual. We will be able to give you feedback on your profile at the beginning of September. Thank you again for your interest in the position and your understanding.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.
Check out this guide to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion
Game Designer (M/W/NB) Annecy jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.