Allied World Dublin Ireland
2 months ago
This position is responsible for underwriting a diverse book of business, employing the methods necessary to meet projected profitability, GWP, and expense goals, management and growth of the overall portfolio of business within the appropriate underwriting discipline/guidelines, marketing and servicing of existing and potential insured’s. The position will also require a good knowledge of Casualty insurance to assist with the underwriting of Commercial Combined business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General underwriting functions including underwriting, submission review, pricing analysis, setting of terms and conditions, and quote/binder/invoice authorisations.
• Responsible for timely and correct issuance of bound policies. Crafting of Endorsement wordings for authorisation by legal.
• Perform referrals (as required)
• Maintenance of underwriting files in an orderly and manner and in accordance with the underwriting guidelines. Including maintenance of all reporting systems for... submissions and bound accounts, rate change modeling, bound account listing, submission log and reports as may be developed.
• Seek input from Actuarial Department to price specific accounts when appropriate.
• Liaise with Claims Department on any specific claim matters and overall market claim concerns which could potentially affect profitability.
• Stay current with respect to major industry issues and developments.
• Marketing – attend client/broker meetings, lunches, dinners and other social outings as applicable. Meet with key brokers regularly to discuss production, service and other topics relative to division operations. Attend important industry conferences and seminars as appropriate.
• Travel to meetings throughout Ireland and Europe as required.
• Assist in the general training of underwriting and support staff.
• Project work as required.
• Planning and monitoring of the portfolio of business.
• Other duties as may be assigned
Senior Underwriter, Commercial Property Dublin jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.