University of Copenhagen
University of Copenhagen Copenhagen Denmark
2 months ago
Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Basic Metabolic Research,
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen
We are seeking a Laboratory Manager who will be responsible for coordinating and handling a broad spectrum of laboratory-related tasks to ensure optimal use of research facilities, safety, knowledge sharing, and collaboration. You will interact closely with Group Leaders, laboratory technicians and laboratory users to coordinate activities relating to the laboratories, and together with the Laboratory Managers from the other two floors, you will play an instrumental role in facilitating collaboration and knowledge sharing across the Center.
Your tasks will include:
• Introduce, instruct and train new laboratory users (Good Laboratory Practices, safety and other required practices)
• Ensure efficient organization and use of laboratory space and equipment
• Ensure compliance with safety laws and legal standards
• Organize and assist in procurement... installation and maintenance of equipment, and in the planning of laboratory renovations
• Assist with the procurement of consumables and invoice handling
• Identify and implement optimal laboratory management solutions including electronic booking systems, ELN, equipment and inventory databases, etc.
• Actively contribute to the Center’s efforts making the laboratories more sustainable through the Laboratory Efficiency Assessment Framework (LEAF).
• Coordinate, build and improve common laboratory tasks and workflows
Our researchers share a common purpose as they seek to transform the basic understanding of the mechanisms involved in cardiometabolic health and disease, and to accelerate this knowledge towards new prevention and treatment strategies.
The Center has around 260 employees, spread across 21 research groups and 5 technology platforms, who work in a vibrant international research environment with a strong focus on interdisciplinary collaboration.
The Center’s research has resulted in seminal discoveries as to how genes, hormones and environmental factors influence metabolic health and disease throughout life. You can read more about CBMR at
Laboratory Manager Copenhagen jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.