Canada Post - Postes Canada
Canada Post - Postes Canada Ottawa Canada
2 months ago
Job Requisition Id: 167202
Business Function: Business Transformation
Primary City: Ottawa
Other Location(s): National. Opportunity for [partial] remote work available.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Status: Permanent
Language Requirement: English Essential
Employee Class and Level: CPMGB03
Number of Vacancies 1
Job Closing Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 03/30/2023
All qualified candidates will be considered however preference will be given to Indigenous people (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) or persons with a disability. This is a special measure employment equity initiative and candidates from this group who wish to qualify for preferential consideration must self-identify.
Reporting to the GM Enterprise Architecture, the Enterprise Architect is responsible for the development, enhancement, and implementation of enterprise architecture for Canada Post. The Enterprise Architect builds the holistic view of the strategic vision, process... and practices, technological assets, and enterprise architecture solutions across the Corporation’s key stakeholders and business units.
The Enterprise Architect develops long-term enterprise architecture strategy, frameworks, roadmaps, solutions that provide a common foundation for Information Technology (IT) advances, increase organizational and operational effectiveness and efficiency, mitigate redundancies, and foster a culture of innovation in alignment with the Corporation’s current and future IT capabilities.
The Enterprise Architect supports the Corporation’s key stakeholders and business units in the development and presentation of business cases and makes recommendations to Senior Leadership for approval, funding, and prioritization for critical business initiatives.
Below are the main job requirements and responsibilities for the Enterprise Architect.
• Evaluate and identify the capabilities needed to meet the current and emerging business needs of key stakeholders and business units. Translate business needs into tangible enterprise architecture solutions. Consult and collaborate with peer Architects (Enterprise, Domain and Solution) to shape and manage the pipeline of opportunities and prioritize the development and delivery of multiple enterprise architecture solutions.
• Conduct high-level research, horizon scanning, and trend analysis to identify and assess suitability of industry developments, trends, and innovations to support business objectives. Define and develop strategic recommendations for future enterprise architecture investments that support mid- and long-term business initiatives.
• Support key stakeholders and business units in the development and presentation of business cases. Make recommendations to Senior Leadership for approval, funding, and prioritization for critical business initiatives.
• Participate in the “build vs. buy” vendor management process and strategy. Contribute to decision-making by identifying and evaluating major factors and considerations for major “build vs. buy” process.
• Create and develop capability (future-state, business, technology, and information) and value chain models and views in collaboration with peer Architects (Enterprise, Domain and Solution). Anchor models and views to promote consistent decision-making regarding prioritization of information and technological investments.
Other Candidate Information
Employees who reside outside the geographic area of competition are invited to apply provided that no relocation is required OR the employee is willing to pay for their own relocation.
Note That this particular role will focus on business architecture aspects of the EA role.
Job Responsibilities (continued)
• Acts as a subject matter expert applying leadership to the development of enterprise architecture strategy. Provides direction, communicates, manages, and governs enterprise architecture standards, principles, best practices, and patterns.
• Proactively identify and assess areas of risk and opportunities for improvement to maintain and support a vital and sustainable enterprise architecture that is scalable, adaptable, and synchronized with ever-changing business needs and the complexity of digital transformation.
• Stays abreast of guidelines, regulations, policy, or directives that may impact enterprise architecture (e.g., anti-spam legislation, consumer privacy issues). Conducts impact analysis and provides strategic recommendations to required changes in the Enterprise architecture to support these evolutions.
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders including the Project Management Office, Strategic Planning and Investment, and Innovapost to ensure understanding and alignment of enterprise architecture recommendations.
• Provides overall leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Enterprise Architecture Advisors. Champions Corporate Values, Leadership Behaviors, and Habits and provides opportunities for professional development. Promotes a culture of engagement and continuous improvement where team members are involved and inspired to contribute to the teams’ success.
• Completed Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or equivalent related field is required
• Completed Master’s level degree in Business Administration (MBA) is an asset
• Completed certifications including TOGAF, ITIL foundations, IT Architecture Certification is an asset
• 5-7 years of relevant functional experience
• Demonstrated experience as an Enterprise, Solution, Domain Architect.
• Demonstration of progressively advancing leadership experience
• 2 or more years’ experience managing people
• One or more years of experience in a unionized environment an asset
• Experienced in several enterprise architecture design or re-design efforts
Other Candidate Requirements
• Proficient computer skills and competent with Microsoft Office programs
• Sound organizational, analytical, judgement and decision-making skills with proven abilities in problem solving
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to build and maintain relationships and effectively interact act with business stakeholders
• Ability to create and adapt material and communications to a variety of stakeholders in plain language
• Excellent understanding of business context and strategy
• Ability to influence and drive change throughout the organization
• Ability to explain architecture deliverables and showcase value to a wide audience
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with stakeholders and other applicable cross-organization strategies
• Strong understanding of the latest concepts in architecture and the leading trends in technology
Safety Sensitive Positions
This position may be considered a Safety Sensitive position.
Canada Post will represent Canada’s diversity and provide a safe and welcoming workplace that embraces and celebrates our differences. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from women, Indigenous People, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Disability is defined as a persistent or episodic physical, sensory, or mental health condition and/or functional limitation. Disability includes both visible and hidden conditions and/or limitations that may impact vision, hearing, mobility, flexibility, dexterity, pain, learning, developmental, mental/psychological, and memory.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
Canada Post is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you have any restrictions that need to be accommodated. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Our Leadership Behaviours
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds themselves and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self-motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
We value diversity as an essential part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future. We believe that attracting, developing, and retaining people who reflect the diversity of Canada is essential to our success because this matters to all communities and customers we serve.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace
Director, Enterprise Architect Ottawa jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.