IHC Group New Zealand New Zealand
2 months ago
• Part time positions available
• Rostered shifts - flexibility for day, evening and wake-over shifts needed
How would you like a career where you can make a life-changing difference in the lives of other people? Where you can help someone achieve what's important to them, and make everyday special?
We are looking for someone to join our teams in Orewa as a Support Worker. No one is too disabled to be supported in taking an active role in their life. Your role will be to help them gain that independence so that they can make their own choices, be part of their community, and live a fulfilling life.
What does the job involve?
• As a Support Worker you will be supporting people to grow their independence and learn skills for daily living (e.g. using public transport, getting a job, manage money, cook a meal).
• Depending on where you are working, be able to work on individual needs, supporting people with daily activities such as shopping, cleaning, showering and administering... medication.
• Helping people with their interests and hobbies (e.g. going to the park or beach, participating in sport, doing art and crafts).
• Supporting them to plan and achieve their goals and make decisions and choices.
• Making sure they can be part of a family and have relationships.
• Helping them stay healthy and make positive choices about their lifestyle.
• The position will be based at the Area Office reporting to the relevant Service Manager. Your specific locations of work within the area would be as directed by your Service Manager.
To find out more about being a Support Worker with IDEA Services, please visit our 'Join our Support Crew' page.
What's on offer?
• Opportunities to build your long-term career in the disability sector with progression opportunities available
• $22.49 - $28.25 per hour depending on relevant qualifications, with the ability to earn more as you gain qualifications
• IDEA Services will support you and pay costs towards completion of the Level 2 and Level 3 Certificate in Health and Wellbeing qualifications
• Generous long-service leave entitlements plus insurance benefits after 2 years' service.
• 'Refer a friend' Bonus programme
• FREE Employee Assistance programme service anytime you need health and wellbeing support even if not work related
What will you need?
We would love to hear from you if this is a career you want to pursue and you have the right 'can-do' attitude. Full training and orientation will be provided so experience is not necessary.
• Flexibility to work rostered shifts
• Resilience and perseverance
• Willingness to learn new skills and gain qualifications as you work
• Comfortable using computers and tablets daily
• Good written and verbal communication
• Have a Full NZ drivers' licence or be willing to work towards obtaining this
• Pass a full New Zealand Police check
• Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand
• A calm nature and confidence to work with disabilities (physical and/or intellectual) as well as being physically fit to assist with physical support needs
IDEA Services Ltd is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group which is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, including the provision of housing and tenancy services. Our services are founded on IHC's absolute commitment to the people we support and their families/whanau to have a good life. IDEA Services Ltd is an accredited Immigration AEWV employer.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work
Jobs in New Zealand New Zealand
Support Worker - Orewa New Zealand jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.