IDEXX Hamilton New Zealand
2 months ago
Following internal promotion, IDEXX Hamilton is recruiting to backfill the role of Team Leader, responsible for the Core Laboratory and Trace Elements testing in our Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratory.
The successful Senior Scientist will ensure standards for ISO 17025 accreditation are met in Hematology, Biochemistry, Endocrinology, and ICP-MS labs, while delivering exceptional service to our customers. Key daily responsibilities include:
• Supervision, professional development, and performance management of a team of six direct reports,
• New test verifications, and lot to lot reagent, QC, and calibrator management
• Setting the standard in quality control and assurance
• Inventory management
• Multi-disciplinary diagnostic testing and reporting, and
• Continuous improvement.
IDEXX is looking to employ a great bench scientist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in diagnostic testing, with greater experience highly regarded. Bring your relevant skills and be... prepared to lead and develop our team from the frontline. We will support your onboarding with key operator training for the equipment in our lab, as well as provide the opportunity for a significant handover with the current Team Leader.
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor of Medical Science/or equivalent degree.
• >5 years’ experience working in a diagnostic laboratory, even greater experience will be highly regarded.
• Current competency working in Biochemistry, Endocrinology, Hematology and/or Trace Elements departments (ICP-MS experience is an advantage).
• Experience in performing Quality Control and instrument troubleshooting.
• Experience in the verification of new tests and lot to lot changes.
• An emerging or established flair for supervising and developing a team.
• Understanding of ISO 17025 and IANZ accreditation, following a digital quality management system.
• Experience in meeting tight turnaround times in a commercial lab environment.
• The ability to put the customer at the center of our service experience.
• Attention to detail and positive communication skills, and
• A commitment to our IDEXX values and Health & Safety policies/procedures.
What we can offer?
• We know your skills are valuable, and competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits are available at IDEXX.
• A truly global team of resources that will help you grow and develop in your scientific career.
• Ongoing health and wellness activities, platforms and programs, as well as 2 days paid voluntary community leave entitlements per annum.
• Ongoing training and investment in its people, including product training and professional skill development.
• Free onsite parking. Relocation assistance may be provided for the successful candidate.
• Most importantly, this role offers you an opportunity to make a difference and positively impact the community alongside a fantastic local team who pursue our purpose with passion.
This role does involve Saturday morning work on a rotating roster with corresponding time off in the following week. If this is you, please apply and we can talk confidentially.
We’re proud of the work we do because our work matters. An innovation leader in every industry we serve, we follow our Purpose and Guiding Principles to help pet owners worldwide keep their companion animals healthy and happy, to ensure safe drinking water for billions, and to help farmers protect livestock and poultry from disease. We have customers in over 175 countries and a global workforce of over 9,000 talented people.
So, what does that mean for you?
We enrich the livelihoods of our employees with a positive and respectful work culture that embraces challenges and encourages learning and discovery. At IDEXX, you will be supported by competitive compensation, incentives, and benefits while enjoying purposeful work that drives improvement.
Let’s pursue what matters together.
If you are passionate about making a difference and being rewarded for your efforts, please APPLY via our careers page or contact [email protected]. You can also visit careers.idexx.com/us/en/anz or www.idexx.com.au/en-au to learn more about IDEXX. Please email [email protected] for any queries, however you must apply via our careers page to be considered
Hamilton New Zealand
Team Leader Core Services and Trace Elements Hamilton jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.