Geneva Healthcare Gisborne New Zealand
2 months ago
Support Worker | Gisborne
We are currently looking for experienced Support Workers to work with our clients based in Gisborne. Due to the intimate nature of the cares, we are looking for someone who has worked in a hospital environment and with children in the past. Our client has tracheostomy. Due to the complexity of the cares, commitment to the shifts is vital.
This is a role where no two days are the same. You will have the ability to work one on one with our clients, to ensure they live their best life possible.
• Previous hospital experience in Paediatrics
• Competency in oxygen therapy
• Competency in tracheostomy cares
• Competency in suctioning
• Child specific First Aid
• Competency in CPR and emergency management
• Assisting clients with personal cares
• Confident to handle cares independently
• Must have a clean and valid NZ driving licence
• Must be eligible to work in NZ
• Subject to clean police clearance check
• Able to commit... to the shifts
• Training will be provided
• Stoma cleaning, tape changing, suctioning & tracheostomy tube change
• Constant monitoring of tracheostomy tube
• Bathing, feeding & developmental therapies
• Smooth transition from hospital to home and vice versa
• Nights- Monday, Friday, Saturday Sunday 2300-0700
• with an opportunity to pick up more shifts.
What we can offer you:
• Free ongoing NZQA equivalent qualifications in Health and Wellbeing.
• Ongoing support provided by a dedicated career coach for your career growth
• Free EAP service anytime you might need counselling support an advice
• Free mobile phone
• Travel reimbursement between your clients
• Subsidised Southern Cross Health Insurance
Why choose Geneva Healthcare?
Since 1996, we’ve been supporting New Zealanders to live their best life and thrive by keeping well, living independently and staying connected with their community.
We are part of the largest network of healthcare service providers working closely with the Ministry of Health, District Health Boards, Ministry of Social Development, and with ACC as a preferred national provider.
Please upload your updated CV by clicking on the apply button or call Shanice on 0800 266 577 ext. 89269 for a confidential chat.
Gisborne New Zealand
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.