GIZ Ghana Accra Ghana
2 months ago
Job Role: Technical Advisor
Reports To: Team Leader
Contract Duration: Two Years (subject to renewal)
• The Coalition for Health (C4H) initiative is a coalition of partners from the German development cooperation and Government, private sector, academia, civil society and government ministries/agencies in partner countries to strengthen health care delivery in these countries through the setting of joint goals, leveraging synergies and creating partnerships to implement common activities in the health sector. The coalition will establish large transformative initiatives and implement individual projects, to strengthen aspects of the health system.
Scope Of The Role
• The Technical Advisor is responsible for supporting the implementation of the C4H, as well as implementing health-related develoPPP.de measures. develoPPP.de fosters the involvement of the private sector in areas where business opportunities and development policy... initiatives overlap. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, the private sector has shown increased interest in implementing development partnerships in Ghana.
• Support the implementation of the Coalition for Health (C4H) initiative
• Implement health-related develoPPP.de measures.
• Support the management of the above projects in accordance with the order and project goals and activities agreed with the partner, team agreements and/or agreements with the superior
• Coordinate and assists in preparing and implementing project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing these measures.
• Contract third parties and supports procurement to deliver services in cooperation with the respective administrative department of the GIZ Ghana Country Office
• Advise partner institutions on order clarification, identifies needs, develops concepts and strategies, and provides technical input.
• Cooperate with local communities, relevant organization and non-governmental agencies in the project environment, as well as with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships.
• Innovation and knowledge management and communication of innovations
• Integrate results and experiences into teamwork and the work of all relevant groups.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field with ideally specific knowledge in non-communicable diseases (NCDs), infectious diseases with focus on pandemic management, or digital health
• At least 5 years’ professional experience
• Experience working in the Ghanaian health sector.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
• Very good communication and negotiation skills
• Strong managerial and organisational competence
• Willingness to travel (abroad) regularly
• Very good knowledge of the English language
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Ability to work independently but also in a team.
• Ability to take initiative and work in a multicultural environment.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2021/developpp.de/03/01.
Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 05 April, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply
Technical Advisor (Public Health) Accra jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.