PATH Lusaka Zambia
2 months ago
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The Africa Division leverages its internal and global expertise to drive transformative and innovative practices that reflect the African context. By mobilizing our talent within the region and working with our global teams, we take innovation to scale by working alongside our Ministries of Health to reduce health disparities. With... potential for expansion to new countries, the Africa division currently works across seven country offices and three project offices distributed among four hubs—Central, East, Southern, and West Africa.
PATH received funding from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to create a catalog of existing environmental surveillance (ES) activities in Africa to leverage existing capacity as part of the expansion of the polio ES network. The catalog will be used by decision-makers when proactively identifying locations for new sites in priority areas, and during a response if areas in need of ES are urgently required following the identification of an acute flaccid paralysis case. Though not the primary goal, this catalog will also help to better understand existing laboratory capacity for ES analyses. The catalog will be created by surveying the scientific literature, web-based material, national programs, and donors’ investments to catalog ES sites and testing laboratories, and when combined with the polio ES sites will aid in assessment of the distribution of ES sites and testing laboratories, pathogens surveyed, and methodological practices used across the African continent. To this end, the catalog will be added to the ES.world platform developed by Novel-T.
PATH therefore seeks to hire an Environmental Surveillance Intern whose duties include but are not limited to the below
• Review selected journal articles.
• Extract data from the selected journal articles
• Work with the technical consultant to engage national and regional stakeholders and collect data.
• Support Technical consultant to compile the project report.
The applicant should preferably be a final year master’s student of a health-related course like public health, environmental health science, medical microbiology, nursing etc.
• Experience in reviewing literature and collecting data using interviews and questionnaires.
• Prior experience with mobile data collection tools like KoboCollect, CommCare, or ODK.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English plus working knowledge of French.
• Proven effectiveness working in a team-based environment, but also capable of working independently.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to approximately 30% of the time.
• Must have legal authorization to work in Zambia
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
Please be advised:
• PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
• All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
• Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to [email protected].
Lusaka, Lusaka, Zambia
Accra, Ghana; Lusaka, Zambia; Dakar, Senegal; Johannesburg, South Africa; or Nairobi
Environmental Surveillance Intern Lusaka jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.