Universität Bonn Koblenz Germany
2 months ago
Position: PhD Student Biology, Biochemistry, Immunglobulin, Immunology (m/f/d)
The Institute of Molecular Medicine and Experimental Immunology (IMMEI) is part of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Bonn. The institute has long-standing, internationally-recognised research expertise on basic and applied aspects of cellular immunology. Currently the IMMEI has over 50 staff members including four professors, two group leaders and over 30 scientists and PhD students (). Currently we are offering a PhD position (TVL 13 65%) in a new group which is leaded by Tim Rollenske with the research focus on Mucosal Immunology and microbiota research.
The University of Bonn is committed to diversity and equal opportunity independent of gender, ethnicity, age, nationality, religion or disability. It aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are under-represented and to promote their careers in particular. Applications from suitable individuals with a certified serious... disability and those of equal status are particularly welcome. The position is available to study intestinal Immunglobulin A in a host microbial mutualism.
We will functionally study the antibody responses to the intestinal microbiota and the antibody function down to the single B cell antibody specificity level. Our aim is to obtain a detailed mechanistic understanding of the effects of intestinal IgA antibodies on the bacterial target cell and the host immune system.
For further information see or
Starting dates are negotiable
• Diploma thesis or Master’s degree in biology, biochemistry, biomedicine or similar
• Basic knowledge in immunology, life sciences, and molecular techniques
• Excellent teamwork and English communication (oral and writing) skills
• Experience and/or interest to perform data analysis using programming languages (mostly R)
• Interest to learn germ-free and gnotobiotic animal handling techniques
• Experience with in vivo experimental models, flow cytometry, and gene sequencing are advantageous
• Salary according to the German salary scale TV-L E13 65%
• Jobticket for the public transport is available
• Supplemental benefits in the public sector such as a pension plan
• Dynamic, multidisciplinary, and international setting with strong immunology focus
• To become part of the Graduate school Immunosensation2 cluster of excellence in Germany
• State of the art equipment and core facilities to support your research
• Opportunity to participate in national and international conferences
• Close supervision in regular individual meetings, weekly institute seminars and strong scientific exchange in the (inter-)national academic immunology community
PhD Student Biology, Biochemistry, Immunglobulin, Immunology Koblenz jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.