Genuine Parts Company
Genuine Parts Company Atlanta GA Georgia
2 months ago
Genuine Parts Company
Genuine Parts Company (GPC or the Company), founded in 1928 and based in Atlanta, Georgia, is a leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services. The Company operates a global portfolio of businesses with more than 10,000 locations across the world. GPC has approximately 50,000 global employees. The Company has operations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Singapore, France, the U.K., Germany, Poland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain and China.
Seeking world-class talent to join the worlds leading distributor of automotive and industrial replacement parts and value-added services operating 5,500+ locations and servicing more than 20,000 locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, this role will function as a designer leading design efforts for one more eCommerce or mobile products. Working with a highly talented team, you'll play a key role to design and build products for the customer of the worlds largest automotive and industrial replacement parts distribution companies.
We are seeking a talented Lead UX Designer to join our growing team. As a Lead UX Designer you will be responsible for designing and creating user-centered digital experiences that meet the users needs and exceed their expectations. You will work closely with our product and development teams to bring your designs to life, ensuring that the product is both experientially pleasing, easy to use and meets business needs. A thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies, enterprise software, and working with complex experiences is essential.
• Work with user research to understand the needs and pain points of our target audience.
• Translate user needs and business requirements into compelling experiences.
• Collaborate with product, software engineering and other designers.
• Create user flows and storyboards to demonstrate the user experience.
• Create wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes using design software (Figma).
• Become deeply familiar with and contribute to the design system.
• Demonstrate the ability to clearly communicate design decisions.
• Present designs and gather feedback from stakeholders.
• Participate in user testing to validate and improve designs.
• Stay up to date with current design trends and technology advancements.
• Coach and mentor designers, provide guidance on best practices, design processes, and UX design principles.
• Proactively identify and communicate risks & issues and mitigate.
• Improve existing team design processes & methods.
• Other duties as assigned.
• GPC has two work locations to choose from, Duluth or Atlanta office.
• We offer a Flexible Work Policy that permits eligible employees to work remotely
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor's degree (alt bootcamp) in UX Design, HCI, HCD, or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years work experience.
• Understanding and application of User-Centered Design (UCD), Information Architecture (IA), Interaction Design, Usability Testing, Accessibility and core concepts of User Psychology.
• Strong portfolio showcasing your design skills and process.
• Proficient in design software such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• A passion for creating user-centered digital experiences.
• Experience working in a functioning agile software development environment.
• Experience working with enterprise software.
• Experience working in design for ecommerce, retail and/or supply chain.
Where permitted by applicable law, successful applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to start date. COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to an approved accommodation, and proof of vaccination will be required on or prior to start date.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Atlanta GA USA
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.