WSP in the UK
WSP in the UK Cardiff United Kingdom
2 months ago
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
In today’s world it’s important to work for a company that has clear purpose, giving back to communities and supporting what is truly important in the world.
When considering a career move its vital to work for a business that is aligned to your values and goals, a place where you can belong. See what WSP stands for in 2023 and beyond…
To find out more about our business by clicking on the following link and discover what awaits you at WSP: https://www.wsp.com
We’re looking for an enthusiastic writer to support our Planning and Advisory business in winning the projects that make these possibilities a reality. No two days will be the same as you apply your writing skills flexibly to proposals within diverse sectors and services.
You’ll be supported to learn and progress within a specialist proposal writing career path, whilst forming a key part of the large and supportive Strategic Proposals community at WSP. Previous... experience in a work winning environment isn't essential here; however, a passion for crafting bespoke written content is a must. We particularly welcome applications from graduates in English, Communications, Journalism, Creative and Professional Writing, or similar fields.
You will work alongside proposals managers, capture managers and operational teams to craft our ‘story’ for each response and then use your writing skills to articulate this in a clear, consistent and compelling voice. You’ll be a trusted advisor to colleagues, promoting bid writing best practice across our business and sharing your ideas.
Your new role, what’s involved?
• Working alongside the proposals manager, operational and business development staff to develop a winning proposal, leading the development of high-quality written content in line with APMP best practice.
• Building relationships quickly to deliver effective working within newly-created bid teams.
• Writing bespoke content, including responses to tender questions, executive summaries, case studies and CVs.
• Editing responses written by Subject Matter Experts (including operational, commercial, H&S, environmental and quality management, HR and finance staff).
• Peer reviewing responses and coaching colleagues in bid writing best practice.
• Contributing to the development of proposal themes that demonstrate our understanding of the client’s needs and how we will create value for them.
• Converting knowledge from operational and business development staff into winning content, for example by conducting 1-to-1 interviews.
• Facilitating content planning workshops to establish the story and structure for each response, weaving in proposal themes and ensuring all client requirements are addressed.
• Collating market and competitor information, and analysing bids to identify and share good practice.
• Ensuring adherence to WSP’s in-house style guidance and processes.
• Sharing ideas through the proposals writer network, and contributing to improvement projects to raise the quality of WSP proposals.
• The role will require significant virtual working and some UK-wide travel.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
• A love of writing and a flair for communicating complex ideas.
• Exemplar writing, editing and proofreading skills.
• A degree-level qualification in an appropriate subject.
• A good level of IT literacy, in particular MS Word.
• A collaborative approach, strong relationship-building skills and the confidence to communicate and influence at senior levels.
• Attention to detail, critical thinking skills and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
• Commitment to developing your skills.
• An ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
• Understanding of the professional services industry. Knowledge of the transport, energy, industry, property or environmental sectors would also be an advantage but is not essential.
• An APMP qualification would be an advantage, but successful candidates can be supported in obtaining this.
• Experience of competitive bidding and proposal writing would be an advantage; however, we welcome applications from new entrants to this field who bring transferable writing skills.
What’s in it for you?
• Work-life balance?
WSP recognises that work is only one part of your life and making time for other things is important – whether that’s for your families, friends, or yourself.
Our hybrid working policy allows the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home as well as collaborating in our contemporary offices across the UK.
• Inclusivity & Diversity?
We want our people to achieve rewarding careers, bringing their whole selves to work. We celebrate integrity and treat people with respect, supporting each other and embracing diversity to create a culture of inclusion and belonging at WSP.
Our employee resource groups VIBE (LGBTQ+ employees), CREED (Championing Racial Equality and Ethnic Diversity) and our Gender Balance Group, in tandem with WSP’s Neurodiverse Community Group, WSP Connect Group (visible and non-visible disabilities) help us promote the right environment for you to reach your full potential.
• Health & Wellbeing?
We are committed to supporting our people, giving you the tools to make improvements to your health and wellbeing through our Thrive programme.
Med24 gives you and your family unrestricted telephone access to an NHS doctor where you can call day or night or have a face-to-face video consultation.
• Flex your time?
For improved work life balance, WSP offers the “WSP Hour” which enables you to take one hour per day to do as you wish and make up the time earlier or later that day. We also offer part time and flexible working arrangements plus the option to flex your bank holiday entitlement to suit you.
• Your development?
We appreciate that development and training is important to you and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in your development, whether that’s chartership, training or mentoring.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria, please let us know if you require any workplace adjustments in support of your application.
Please note WSP reserves the right to close the vacancy before the advertised closing date
Jobs in Cardiff United Kingdom
Bid Writer/Senior Bid Writer P&A, UK Wide Cardiff jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.