Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park Malaysia Malaysia
2 months ago
A Great Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby Schools Setia Eco Park, Kuala Lumpur campus is a large 3-18 school located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating place to work. We love learning and we are continually getting better. We are extremely proud to be the flagship school in the region.
We are looking for an Assistant Teacher for Early Years (ages 3-5) who will join our Early Years team to take our children to the next level of learning. If you want to be part of our team you will need to be passionate about learning and knowledgeable about the factors that affect learning. You will be good at working with your colleagues, our students and their parents.
We are a unique campus, home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary, and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE, IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian... National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 amazing students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1350 attending the international school, 600 of whom will be in the primary school. We celebrate being Asian and love the fact that we combine international thinking to create a diverse and exciting campus.
We believe in creating Amazing Learning Experiences for our communities. Working collaboratively to help children be ready for the world and the contribution they can make locally and globally.
We believe that all students learn though good struggles and this at times needs to be consolidated using a variety of teaching methods. Taking risks, being resilient and showing creativity and adaptability for all our communities is important in our learning process. Our students go onto some of the top universities in the world and if they dont, go into careers and colleges of their choice.
We are an honest campus and enjoy being self-reflective, so we can self-improve together to create amazing learning experiences more often than not. We are not perfect but strive to be the best we can.
About Our Group
Tenby Schools SEP is proud to be part of International Schools Partnership (ISP) a fast-growing global schools group in six clusters across the world; Europe, Mexico & Central America, the Middle East, South America, Southeast Asia and the USA. Our Regional cluster includes other Tenby schools across Malaysia. As a teacher you will be supported by the Head of Department, Senior Leadership teams and other learning clusters and networks both regionally and globally. We love to talk about learning at all levels, as this is at the core of everything we do!
This is amazing opportunity for you to develop yourself, take a risk or two, meet other like-minded teachers, share learning practice and work collectively with a local and global team. We even have a global learning hub where you can share learning and leadership ideas so we can get better together.
So if this excites you, please apply. Wed love to talk to you.
Skill, Qualification and Experience
• Graduate Diploma, Bachelor Degree, or Diploma in Early Years Education.
• A minimum of 2 years of Early Years experience is preferable in an international school.
• A flexible team player.
• Previous experience working in an early childhood center or related field is an added advantage.
• Creative, inspiring, patient, resourceful, and energetic.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
• Is committed to wider aspects of school life and learning including developing students' life skills to support
• development and growth.
In Return We Offer
• A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected
• A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• Allocated support through our Leadership Teams to support you in developing an exceptional learning school.
• An embedded whole trust commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
• A peer network of like-minded teachers and other adults.
• A real commitment to work-life balance we remember we are human beings first and educators second!
• Great employee benefits
Begin with our children and students. Our children and students are at the heart of what we do. Simply, their success is our success. Wellbeing and safety are both essential for learners and learning. Therefore, we are consistent in identifying potential safeguarding issues and acting and following up on all concerns appropriately.
Treat everyone with care and respect. We look after one another, embrace similarities and differences and promote the well-being of self and others.
Operate effectively. We focus relentlessly on the things that are most important and will make the most difference. We apply school policies and procedures and embody the shared ideas of our community.
Learn continuously. Getting better is what drives us. We positively engage with personal and professional development and school improvement.
ISP Leadership Competencies
You consistently demonstrate and role-model the ISP Leadership Competencies in all that you do.
• Collaboration. Takes an active part in leading their school or region; is cooperative and a genuine team player, developing positive, supportive relationships with colleagues to solve problems and maximise opportunities.
• Learning & Getting Better. Continually demonstrates personal commitment and passion for learning and getting better using evidence and feedback; supporting others in their continual learning, development and growth.
• Innovation Leadership. Is good at creating an environment where ideas for learning initiatives and services are generated and is able to motivate and inspire others through the process of creation through to completion.
• Outcome driven. Can be counted on to find solutions. Is consistently looking to exceed goals and is focused on KPIs.
• Resilience. Can deal with setbacks and challenges calmly and effectively
• Community Focus. Is committed to meeting and exceeding the needs and expectations of our students and their families.
• Integrity & Ethical Management. Has the ability to work ethically and with integrity; helps others feel valued; upholds and models the ISP Vision, Purpose and Principles.
• Leading & Inspiring Others. Supports, encourages and inspires students, colleagues and teams so that they give their best.
• Understanding People. Is a very good judge of talent, can objectively articulate the strengths and motivations of people inside or outside the organisation.
• Influencing & Communication. Consistently informs, influences and inspires students, parents and colleagues through timely and effective communication.
• Agile. Responds and adapts to changing circumstances; manages and solves problems by providing solutions in a climate of ambiguity.
• Strategic, Commercial & Financial Awareness. Has the ability to apply understanding of the business and industry to improve effectiveness and profitability.
• Planning & Decision Making. Makes decisions on the best course of action and then plans, organises, prioritises and balances resources to achieve the desired outcome
• Diversity & Equity. Has the sensitivity, awareness and skill to understand the values, behaviours, attitudes and practices across cultures that supports all children and adults to learn and work effectively.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Tenby Commitment to Safeguarding Principles
Tenby is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering the previous 10 years employment history.
Initial interviews will be completed through team. Final interviews may be carried out face-to-face whenever possible.
How To Apply
The closing date is 30th March 2023 but interested candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible as interviews may be arranged before the deadline.
Candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school)
We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe sender's list. Only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified
Assistant Teacher -Early Years Malaysia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.