Evolution Mining Australia Australia
2 months ago
Geologist - Exploration
• Maternity leave - 12-month contract
• Located close to the family friendly township of West Wyalong
• Industry competitive remuneration package
• A diverse and inclusive workplace culture
Evolution Mining has evolved from a small company into a globally relevant gold mining business with a reputation of delivering value for all stakeholders. Our overriding priority is safety. We dare our people to think differently, we act like owners, and we live our values of safety, accountability, excellence, and respect. We want people's time at Evolution to be a highlight of their career, forging a company that's known for sustainable excellence, and attracting the best talent, not only to Evolution, but also to our industry.
About the role
Reporting to the Discovery Superintendent, the purpose of this role is to work within the site Discovery team to generate targets and design, implement, and manage appropriate exploration programs to test for economic... gold or copper-gold mineralisation.
Key responsibilities and duties
• Assisting in the management of exploration programs - both near-mine and remote - to ensure safe and timely delivery of program objectives
• Logging of diamond drill core, RC or percussion chips, including sample selection and QAQC planning and evaluation
• Developing and maintaining geological interpretations for project areas including modelling in 2D and 3D
• Tracking progress of, and delivering reports on exploration programs
• Assisting in safe delivery of programs through hazard identification, risk assessment and being a visible, in-field safety presence
• Proactively managing exploration activities to best environmental practice
• Maintaining health, safety, statutory, regulatory, and licensing standards, and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
• Commitment to living and supporting the Evolution values of Safety, Excellence, Accountability, Respect
• Leading a safety culture of continuous improvement and playing an active role in our Net Zero 2050 goal.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player with a passion for discovery and a commitment to workplace wellbeing and safety. As part of a small, tight-knit team, strong relationship building, and communication skills will be critical in this role. You must be able to commit to the duration of the contract.
To be considered you must have/demonstrate :
• Tertiary qualification in Geology or Earth Science
• Australian Drivers Licence
• Experience with Diamond, RC and/or Aircore drilling management
• Logging of drill core (lithology, structure, alteration, mineralisation) and percussion drill chips
• Basic geophysical, geochemistry, and structural geology interpretation knowledge, and ability to integrate datasets to build models and identify targets
• Strong field-based geology skill set
• Good presentation and communication skills at all levels, including liaison with landholders
• Familiarity with NSW regulatory and permitting framework (highly regarded)
• Demonstrated understanding of industry safety and environmental standards
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office suite, and Exploration and Mining 3D Software packages (Leapfrog, QGIS) will be an advantage
What we can offer
At Evolution we offer a range of employee benefits, that we review on a regular basis, ensuring we are listening to what our employees want. If successful, you can expect to receive the following:
• Competitive remuneration package
• 9/5 Roster, 10-hour days
• Company-provided life insurance and income protection
• EAP wellbeing support
• Benefits program including discounts with private health insurance providers, online and in-store discounts through Maxxia Rewards, salary sacrificing
• Recognition and rewards programs
• Future opportunities to work interstate and overseas
• Incentive Programs
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing safe and inclusive work environments which allow our employees to be themselves. We support our employees' work-life integration and provide a stimulating environment to foster development and career growth.
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role
Geologist - Exploration Australia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.