Dow Jones Romania Romania
2 months ago
OPIS, a Dow Jones company, provides price transparency across the global fuel supply chain, including the Spot, Wholesale Rack and Retail markets. OPIS enables customers to buy and sell energy commodities with confidence via multi-platform access to accurate data, real-time news, powerful software and educational events. Our commitment to reliability is reinforced by personalized customer service and constant innovation. OPIS listens to what energy stakeholders need and responds with flexible and easy-to-use products. Navigating world fuel markets is complex – OPIS makes it simpler.
Currently OPIS is looking to expand its Romanian software development team based in Bucharest. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that will become an important part of global OPIS. This team will work closely with OPIS Product Development HQ based in Gaithersburg, US. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical... capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills.
• Write, build and deploy code
• Analyze business application requirements, identify concerns and develop action plans
• Be part of an Agile team, using company’s latest software development life-cycle working closely with team members from Romania and US
• Leverage our Cloud infrastructure (AWS) in order to design solutions that make the best of it
• Maintains existing legacy applications
• Track down and resolve bugs in any Dow Jones code base
• Adhere to best practice development standards (such as continuous integration and deployment)
You will be working with OPIS, in Bucharest. OPIS is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2-4 years hands-on software development experience
• Strong knowledge of C# and Microsoft .Net framework
• Strong knowledge of OOP principles
• Good understanding of a relational database engine - SQL Server (or PostgreSQL)
• Experience with modern software development life-cycle
• Must speak and write in English fluently
IT'S A BONUS IF YOU ALSO HAVE
• Worked with .Net Core
• Cloud development experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
• Caching/Non-SQL technologies (Redis, MongoDB, DynomoDB)
• Unit testing (NUnit, MSUnit, NSubstitute, Moq, etc.)
• Inversion of Control techniques (Unity, Ninject, etc.)
• CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps or TeamCity
• Agile methodology and/or SCRUM experience
• A critical thinker and have problem-solving skills
• A team player and have great interpersonal and communication skills
• Structured and have good time-management skills
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Dow Jones, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees.
If you are currently employed by Dow Jones, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at [email protected]. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Software Product Engineering
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world’s top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 30952
Senior Software Engineer Romania jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.