Abbott Plano TX United States
2 months ago
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Staff Systems Automated Test Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people's health. We're always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You'll also have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
• Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
• An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
• Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor's degree.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
• A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plano, TX location in the Neuromodulation. Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum, and restore the lives of those living with debilitating motion disorders
As the Staff Systems Test Engineer in New Product Development, you'll use your development and testing expertise to drive the evolution of systems test automation frameworks. You'll participate in requirements reviews, design reviews, systems analysis and testing review discussions. You will be focused on new, incremental and novel innovation programs related to implantable devices and accompanying peripheral devices and software applications. Working at our site in Plano, this is a great opportunity to bring your test automation skills into a dynamic, agile environment focused on delivering business value. In this role you will be mentoring other engineers in systems and test engineering best practices as well as directly applying an expert understanding of test systems in various phases of the project from characterization to production.
What You'll Work On
• Leading R&D team efforts to establish world-class automation capabilities
• Co-developing an automation vision for the department
• Determining the feasibility of a design concept through part selection, prototyping, and initial design fabrication of electromechanical systems
• Establishing departmental efficiencies through automated test systems for Continuous tests, Characterization, Integration testing and Design Verification.
• Establishing continuous improvement opportunities and ensuring System and Test industry best practices are being met.
• Deploying Systems-Thinking test solutions for organizational and portfolio problems
• Mentoring and growing other engineers
Pay and Shift [manufacturing only; if applicable]
The salary range for this position is $130,000 - $160,000 based on relevant experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering
• 8+ years relevant experience (systems bring-up, integration, debug, automated V&V)
• Experience in automated test systems
• Advanced degree in Engineering
• Experience with firmware/software integration
• Experience co-developing vision, charting course and leading the way in a complex technical domain
• Experience with electromechanical implantable devices
• Medical device experience or demonstrated ability to work within a highly regulated enviroment
• Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
United States > Texas > Plano : 6901 Preston Road
United States > Austin : 8701 Bee Caves Rd
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
Plano TX USA
Jobs in Plano TX United States
Staff Systems Automated Test Engineer Plano jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.