Central Bedfordshire Council
Central Bedfordshire Council United Kingdom United Kingdom
2 months ago
Team: HOM - Business Team
Job Family: Advising - CBG11
Salary: £37,261 – £40,478 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37 hours per week
Base Location: Working from home and any CBC offices, including Priory House, Shefford. You will be expected to attend a CBC office location on a monthly basis, and as needed to carry out your role
Contract Type: Hybrid - Permanent
Closing Date: 16th April 2023
Interview Date: w/c 24th April 2023
Central Bedfordshire is an ambitious authority, determined to be an exemplary one. Our strategic location and high quality of life mean we are one of the fastest growing areas in the country.
As a council we face the same challenges every business does - investing in the right places and delivering great results. Except for us, it’s all about our 289,000 residents. We’re totally focussed on helping to improve their lives and making Central Bedfordshire a great place to live and work.
We have set values and principles to represent the way we work and... how we operate as an organisation. You can view a list of these in detail on our website.
This is a great time to join us on our journey.
More about the role:
It’s an exciting time at Central Bedfordshire’s Housing Service. The Housing Service is a self-contained business that manages and maintains some 5,450+ Council-owned homes. The Service continues to benefit from self-financing and has an ambitious future programme of development, transformation, and regeneration. The Housing Efficiency Officer role is an exciting new position and will be responsible for investigating simpler ways of working, developing the Housing business and progressing new ideas. It will ensure that new change lands effectively in the business and ensure colleagues are engaged. The Housing Service has an ambitious digitisation agenda and this role will be pivotal in ensuring this change maximises benefits. The successful candidate will be able to share examples of similar projects.
Day-to-day, you will
• Implement and manage digitalisation projects and programme delivery, supporting teams to ensure effectiveness of new developments and business processes and systems. The objective is to put customers at the centre of service delivery and support ‘channel shift’ in a planned way.
• Provide input into current IT changes and business systems, to enable the Housing Service to take a more proactive approach in developing systems for the future. Be responsible for evaluating the outcome from a customer perspective (including inclusion).
• A key part of the role is in the adoption/implementation of new projects, processes, and the identification of gaps or opportunities for efficiency in existing processes.
To join us you will have in-depth experience in business change in a similar role or an equivalent qualification (PRINCE 2 or similar), possibly from a project management background. You are organised, well versed in business development, business change and IT change rollout which support you to deliver logical solutions.
This experience could be as part of the technical or regional implementation team. You are able to produce feasibility studies, project plans and enjoy completing tasks in a complex environment to tight timescales. With this expertise, you will have the confidence to contribute and your strong communication skills will be essential along with an organised, team-focused approach.
The role holder will work across the Housing Service, with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders to deliver engagement, ‘buy in’ and ensure new technological innovations and solutions are implemented. This role will support channel shift and digital transformation currently underway in the Housing Service. Having a good grasp of communications, change processes and a great networking and coaching ability is paramount. The post holder will ensure the quality of the change is tested prior to launch, provide confidence and testing, working with tenant panels, wider customers and colleagues. The post holder will also assist in sponsoring improvements in our business intelligence systems and support revised practices, enhance collaboration, deliver accessibility and system integration.
What we can offer you
As well as joining a friendly, dedicated, and hardworking team you will have access to numerous benefits, including:
• A hybrid working arrangement giving you the option to work from home and access any CBC office location. We recognise and value the importance of supporting our employees to balance their home and work life and to be able to work in the most efficient way.
• A £250 one-off hybrid worker payment to help you adapt your home for safe and suitable working conditions
• A comprehensive IT package to support you to work safely and effectively
• The ability to work abroad for up to a month a year
• Generous family friendly policies and practices
• A welcoming and inclusive environment that empowers differences
• Friendly and supportive staff networks
• Annual leave allowance 24 days + statutory holidays rising to 31 days with length of service.
• Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS). This is a valuable part of our rewards package for employees and includes Life Assurance. You can find out more on the Bedfordshire Pension Fund website.
• An exceptional Employee Assistance Programme which helps support employees with workplace changes as well as other work, family and personal issues
• A huge variety of courses and role-specific training and learning to help you succeed and develop
• Access to discounts on top UK retailers and local retailers
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
Sustainability matters to us. We aim to lead by example in tackling climate change. Read more about the action we’re taking on our website: Climate change – tackling it and our strategy
Our aspiration is to be a truly flexible employer. We welcome discussion on location, hours and working pattern as part of the application process.
You will be expected to demonstrate how you meet the key accountabilities and competencies detailed within this Recruitment Pack; Housing Efficiency Officer
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Gurminder Singh at [email protected] or call 0300 300 5849
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The recruitment team at [email protected]
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to improving the diversity of our workforce to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore we welcome applications from everyone. In addition we are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.
If you require assistance to apply for our roles, help with writing your CV, interview techniques or careers advice please contact our team of careers advisors at [email protected] Our service is confidential, impartial and free for all
Jobs in United Kingdom United Kingdom
Housing Efficiency Officer United Kingdom jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.